Anyone know of good ways to raise money to buy a rally car?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone know of good ways to raise money to buy a rally car?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    100 K left 2

Question Anyone know of good ways to raise money to buy a rally car?

Hi. I'm 17 and I've always wanted to go rallying. The problem is im a 17 year old highschool student with little money. Does anyone know of a good way to raise money to buy a car to Rallycross in? Im just trying to get something that I can take out on weekends and have fun in, and eventually when im older and have a solid job prep it for stage rally. Thoughts?

Head first, balls deep! WorldHazard's Avatar

part time job(S)... 1 for pocket money, and another for rally car money (you'll need it)...

FORGET about crowdfunding. Just get that out there now.

Parents can be a good sponsor too if you're lucky
    -Jace T.-
    Oregon Rally Group numbskull
    Freelance motorsports illustrator www.jacetuttle.com

Stay in school so you can get a good education and then a good job. Engineering worked for lots of us.

100 K left 2

I actually want to major in Composites Engineering when I go to college!

I saved nearly every penny I had to 10 years after I graduated college before I jumped in to compete. That first year, I ant the equivalent of my salary the year I started saving to do car prep, buy suits, hotels, entry fees, trailer, upgraded vehicles, etc.

Financial planning and adherence to those plans are a must. If you hate managing your money, this hobby ain't for you.
    Eric Wages
    Dirty Rallysport / facebook.com/dirtyrallysport / youtube.com/dirtyrallysport
    K1WRX
    2014 Sponsors: Innovative Tuning | KNS Brakes | Exhale Performance | Triple Caution | RallyTools

North America Cage Builder's Map

Join the SAE, that would be the Society of Automotive Engineering, not the fraternity. Who knows, you might end up earning billions designing F1 cars.

100 K left 2

I will keep that in mind!

into right 2 tightens Mike Hurst's Avatar

Start a shoe company.

200 square left

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMainah View Post
    and eventually when im older and have a solid job prep it for stage rally. Thoughts?
    Beyond finding a $5 bill in the parking lot or having a large trust fund land on your lap you'll probably have to work on it. But since you are already thinking about starting small and working up to things take a look at what people are running at the rallyX, it doesn't have to be fancy. Anything light, cheap and reliable should be good for a bunch of grins. then like you said as you can get a job and regular income and then disposable income you can toss that cheap car for something more exciting or start building it into a stage car.

from the other thread it sounds like you are already out volunteering which is great.. thanks! now maybe meet some teams, convince them to let you help with service and make friends and contacts.