WRC'15 Rally Poland July2-5, talk results/spoiler **
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WRC'15 Rally Poland July2-5, talk results/spoiler **

into right 2 tightens Weasel 555's Avatar

Cool WRC'15 Rally Poland July2-5, talk results/spoiler **

Rnd 7 - Rally Poland, July 2-5 2015

History

First established in 1921, Rally Poland is one of the world?s oldest rallies.
    It was included in the inaugural WRC season in 1973 when there were only three classified finishers. Four other crews completed the route but were excluded for being out of time.
    It left the calendar and became an asphalt event in the European Championship.
    It returned to WRC in 2009 when Mikko Hirvonen won, after which it was again removed.
    It returned to the championship for a second time in 2014.

What?s new for 2015

Pretty much everything ? almost 90 per cent of the route has changed from last year.
    No stages in Lithuania ? the cross-border part of the route has been axed.
    The 39.12km Stanczyki stage, which will be driven twice during Friday?s opening leg, is the longest in Poland?s rallying history.

Official Website: rajdpolski.pl/en

Listen Live: wrc.com/live_popup_radio

WRC+ : Live Stages/Live Maps/Onboard Action/Full Highlights plus.wrc.com/

don't forget to cheer on Will Hudson/Alex Gelsomino in the Dmack Fiesta Trophy

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Meeke rolls at Poland shakedown

Sebastien Ogier was fastest in shakedown at 72nd LOTOS Rally Poland on Thursday morning but Kris Meeke's participation in the event hangs in the balance after a huge roll.

Meeke, 36 today, got the session off to a decent start, posting the sixth fastest time through the 3.70km gravel stage, close to the rally base in Mikolajki. However, the Ulsterman’s morning came to an unhappy end when he rolled Citroën’s DS 3 heavily near the start of his fifth run.

“We'll find out how the car is when we get it back, but it's never pretty when it rolls six or seven times. The FIA will take a look, but if the roll cage is bent we’re going nowhere,” said Meeke.

"I was just 100 metres into the stage on a flat-left, fourth gear corner. I was on the line and the car launched into the air and rolled. I had been completely flat through that corner every time before. The ruts were getting deeper but it caught me by surprise and the car went over and landed on the bonnet," he added.

Ogier posted quickest time in his Polo R on the last of three runs. He was 0.5sec faster than a trio of cars tied in second.

"It was a really fast road, maybe only five braking points in the whole stage," said Ogier. "It was fairly representative of the rally and good to get an accurate feeling for the speed we’ll see over the next three days."

Team-mates Jari-Matti Latvala, Andreas Mikkelsen and local hero Robert Kubica driving a Ford Fiesta RS, all recorded the same time on their fourth pass through the test to head Thierry Neuville’s Hyundai i20 by 0.4sec.

click: wrc.com/poland-shakedown/

-------------------------------------

Thursday: Ogier spoils Kubica's joy

Sebastien Ogier ruined hopes of a home victory by edging out local hero Robert Kubica to win the opening stage of LOTOS 72nd Rally Poland on Thursday night.

Pole Kubica set fastest time in his Ford Fiesta RS by defeating Mads Ostberg in the penultimate headline heat at the 2.50km Mikolajki Arena, only for Ogier to snatch victory by 0.5sec after beating Thierry Neuville in the final encounter.

"I’m sorry to spoil it for Robert because he did a good job here. It’s nice to see such a big crowd. It’s a great atmosphere and I think we’re going to have a good weekend," said the Volkswagen Polo R pilot.

Team-mate Andreas Mikkelsen was third despite swiping a barrier with the rear of his car as he fought to beat Kris Meeke, whose DS 3 was rebuilt by Citroën mechanics after the Ulsterman rolled heavily in this morning’s shakedown. Meeke was only 17th after stalling at the start.

The Fiesta RS cars of Martin Prokop and Ott Tänak were fourth and sixth, sandwiching the Polo R of Jari-Matti Latvala, for whom this is his 150th WRC start.

Citroen’s Stephane Lefebvre was the top WRC 2 competitor in seventh after pipping Pontus Tidemand’s Skoda Fabia R5 by a tenth of a second.

The action restarts tomorrow morning when competitors journey close to the Polish border with Russia and Lithuania, tackling eight stages covering 152.54km.

click: wrc.com/poland-ss1/

67. 112 USA W. HUDSON 2:04.1 +0.7 +20.2

Last edited by Weasel 555; 07-02-2015 at 07:03 PM.

I don't know what 100K left is nav77's Avatar

Citroën Racing say Kris Meeke will start 72nd LOTOS Rally Poland on schedule after the FIA gave permission to repair his battered DS 3.
    Meeke rolled his car seven times at Thursday's Shakedown test, and feared the damage might be too serious to allow him to compete.

But the team was given the green light to begin work after an inspection by FIA Technical Delegate Jérôme Touquet confirmed the roll cage was undamaged.

"With the FIA checks complete we are able to make repairs to make it like new again. It will be completely ready for Stage one this afternoon," Didier Clément, Citroen Racing chief operations engineer, told wrc.com.

"Considering the number of rolls it's impressive the car is not more badly damaged," he added. "In fact there's not so much to change. The roll cage and chassis are definitely okay, but we will change the rear wing, the doors, the front bumper and wing, bonnet - things like that. At the front we will change the radiators and make a thorough check of everything."

The team has until 2024hrs to re-prep the car, before Meeke and co-driver Paul Nagle are due to leave for the Mikolajki Arena Super Special Stage. The pair will cross this afternoon's ceremonial start ramp on foot to give their mechanics more time.

"I estimate we need several hours to get the car straight - so I'm feeling quite confident," added Clément.
    From WRC.com

Here is the the roll (s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmjGgL2PMtg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh1XlG3LATQ
    No one thinks to put the handbrake on when the car is on its roof.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

50 caution yump

I do love his reaction "..... wot the fock happened?"
    #542 - 1991 Subaru Legacy Open Class

Friday - SS2: Mikkelsen blitzes Friday opener at 131kph!

131kph! That was the amazing average speed posted by Andreas Mikkelsen who won Friday’s opening stage at 72nd LOTOS Rally Poland to move into the lead of this seventh round of the FIA World Rally Championship.

The Norwegian, whose form was rewarded with a new contract at Volkswagen last week, was half a second quicker than Ott Tanak and admitted third in the start order had helped.

“There will be some road cleaning here and it will get faster and faster. A clean stage for me with a good rhythm, but not the biggest risks. I’m happy with my pace,” said the Polo R pilot.

It didn’t get faster but Tanak came close to toppling Mikkelsen, although the Estonian was concerned about a gearbox glitch in his Ford Fiesta RS.

“I pushed quite hard but at the beginning of the stage we were stuck between two gears. I hope it was a one-off,” said Tanak, who was sidelined in the previous round in Italy with a similar problem.

Kris Meeke put yesterday’s shakedown roll behind him to go third fastest in Citroen’s DS 3, while S?bastien Ogier was fifth in his Polo R to hold third overall, just 0.5sec behind Tanak and 1.3sec ahead of team-mate Jari-Matti Latvala.

Hyundai pair Thierry Neuville and Dani Sordo reported hanging dust in the forest section but there were bigger problems for WRC 2 points leader Nasser Al-Attiyah, who parked his Fiesta RRC after just 4.5km with broken front left suspension.

click: wrc.com/poland-ss2/

53. 112 USA W. HUDSON 9:16.7 +3.2 +1:35.2

------------------------------------

SS4: Tanak double earns Poland lead

Two consecutive stage victories promoted Ott Tanak to the top of the 72nd LOTOS Rally Poland leaderboard on Friday morning.

He won the first pass through Goldap in his Ford Fiesta RS to relegate Andreas Mikkelsen to second by a tenth of a second. Tanak followed up with victory in Babki to increase his lead to 4.9sec.

“The car is perfect and I’m enjoying myself,” he said. “My instructions were to let the other guys know we’re here for the second half of the season and we’re competitive, so we’re trying to show them.”

Mikkelsen was second in Goldap and third in Babki in his Volkswagen Polo R, with Sebastien Ogier preserving third in the standings, 5.6sec behind his team-mate, courtesy of second fastest in Babki.

The Frenchman, first in the start order, said he was losing time cleaning the loose gravel from the roads. “I could have taken more risks in the first stage but I was flat out in the last two. It’s slippery and I can’t do more, so I hope that later I have better conditions,” he said.

Third in Goldap kept Jari-Matti Latvala in fourth overall, but the big mover was Hayden Paddon, who climbed from ninth to fifth in his Hyundai i20 with top five times in both tests.

Mads Ostberg misjudged a crest in Babki and plunged off the road briefly in Citroen’s DS 3. “The speeds are so high that even a small mistake here makes the heart beat faster,” admitted the Norwegian.

Hanging dust in the forested section of Babki caused issues for several drivers, including Mikkelsen, Latvala and Thierry Neuville, while Dani Sordo struggled with pace note problems in his i20.

click: wrc.com/poland-ss3

54. 112 USA W. HUDSON 18:25.6 +1.3 +3:03.7

57. 112 USA W. HUDSON 27:14.3 +1.4 +4:41.0

SS5: Three out of three for Ott

Ott Tanak completed a hat-trick of stage wins in Friday morning’s speed tests to extend his advantage in 72nd LOTOS Rally Poland.

Victory in Stanczyki, the longest test of this seventh round of the FIA World Rally Championship, stretched his lead to 9.3sec as competitors headed to Goldap, close to the Russian border, for the leg’s only tyre change opportunity.

The Estonian completed the test with the front tyres on his Ford Fiesta RS badly worn, the legacy of a brake problem which hindered him for the last two stages. “Sometimes only the front brakes are working,” he explained.

Andreas Mikkelsen, second in a Volkswagen Polo R but 4.4sec slower than T?nak, was hoping the repeat afternoon stages would offer more equal conditions after losing time sweeping gravel from the roads.

“Ott has done a great job and we’ll see if he is as fast this afternoon. And don’t say Sebastien Ogier isn’t a threat either. He’ll be very fast in the second loop,” said Mikkelsen.

Ogier was third in Stanczyki, the Frenchman slipping 16.7sec behind T?nak but happy with his speed from first on the road. He was 6.1sec ahead of Jari-Matti Latvala in the standings but it was a bad stage for the Finn, who made three mistakes, the worst of which left his Polo R hanging over a ditch.

Kris Meeke and Thierry Neuville relegated Hayden Paddon as they climbed to fifth and sixth respectively. Paddon struggled to find a rhythm in his Hyundai i20 but stayed ahead of local hero Robert Kubica, Elfyn Evans and Dani Sordo.

The morning was characterised by a blistering pace on the sandy gravel roads and less than nine seconds covered Meeke in fifth and Evans in ninth.

click: wrc.com/poland-ss5/

64. 112 USA W. HUDSON 56:59.2 +1.4 +14:58.6 .....sadly they rolled !!...and quote Alex .."Well, if you have to roll might as well do it in a beautiful place. We are both ok, car not so much."

SS6

SS7: Ogier charges into Poland lead

Sebastien Ogier turned the 72nd LOTOS Rally Poland leaderboard on its head after winning Friday afternoon’s opening two stages to take the lead.

He was quickest by 1.5sec in his Volkswagen Polo R from Robert Kubica in the repeated Babki stage before climbing from third to first in the second pass through Stanczyki, where he outpaced team-mate Jari-Matti Latvala by 1.2sec.

Ott Tanak ceded 16.0sec and the lead to Ogier in Stanczyki, the Estonian regretting his tyre choice and continuing to struggle with brake problems in his Ford Fiesta RS.

As air temperatures rose to near 30˚C, tyre selection became a complex issue. Many drivers opted for soft compound rubber for the soft and sandy roads, but the heat prompted some to favour harder covers, which proved the right choice for the rally’s longest stage.

T?nak chose soft and dropped to third in the standings. “No brakes, no tyres. I don’t know how we can mess up our tyre choice so often. OK, it’s done and we all agreed with the choice, but it’s not nice,” said the Estonian.

Andreas Mikkelsen dropped time after sliding into a field in Babki, but third in the following test kept the Norwegian in second place, 1.7sec behind team-mate Ogier.

Hayden Paddon took hard rubber for his Hyundai i20 and fourth in Stanczyki promoted the Kiwi back into fifth, behind Latvala and ahead of Citroen’s Kris Meeke and Thierry Neuville. The Belgian retained sixth, but Meeke plunged three places to eighth with wrong tyres.

Lorenzo Bertelli punctured his Fiesta’s front left tyre while Kevin Abbring and Elfyn Evans overshot junctions, the Welshman another driver to rue his tyre choice.

click: wrc.com/poland-ss7/

SS8: Latvala win secures third

Jari-Matti Latvala claimed a maiden stage victory at 72nd LOTOS Rally Poland to climb into third and give Volkswagen Motorsport a grip on all three podium places.

The Finn was fastest in his Polo R through Friday’s penultimate Goldap stage by 0.8sec from a resurgent Mads Ostberg, relegating former leader Ott T?nak to fourth in his Ford Fiesta RS.

As temperatures neared 30˚C, Latvala had worn tyres after including three soft covers in his choice but the Finn was encouraged by their performance.

“The tyres weren’t in such good shape but it’s amazing how much you can push on them even though there’s not much tread left,” he said.

Team-mate Sebastien Ogier stretched his lead over Andreas Mikkelsen to 1.9sec after edging the Norwegian by 0.2sec, the pair third and fourth in the stage. Latvala is a further 6.2sec behind.

Brake and tyre issues continued to haunt T?nak who dropped 12.3sec and trailed Latvala by 5.2sec.

Kris Meeke lost more time after sliding Citroen’s DS 3 into a field and Elfyn Evans dropped off the leaderboard after losing more time with badly worn rubber on his Fiesta RS.

click: wrc.com/poland-ss8/

Last edited by Weasel 555; 07-03-2015 at 08:53 AM.

Ogier holds slender lead in Poland

Sebastien Ogier headed a Volkswagen Motorsport 1-2-3 after Friday’s opening leg of 72nd LOTOS Rally Poland.

The FIA World Rally Championship leader headed Andreas Mikkelsen by 2.1sec, with Jari-Matti Latvala a further 8.7sec behind in third. All three are driving Polo R cars.

Temperatures touched an unexpectedly high 30˚C in northern Poland and tyre choice became a crucial factor this afternoon. Many drivers lost time by opting for soft compound rubber which became worn as the sandy gravel tracks heated up.

Mikkelsen set the early pace before Ott Tanak claimed a hat-trick of stage wins as the rally moved close to Poland’s borders with Russia and Lithuania, building a lead of almost 10sec by lunchtime in his Ford Fiesta RS.

Road opener Ogier, freed from sweeping loose gravel from the tracks when the stages were repeated this afternoon, won two tests to climb from third to first. The Frenchman was caught out on soft tyres but managed the wear sublimely as other struggled.

I’m surprised to be leading because it wasn’t a perfect tyre strategy this afternoon. It wasn’t easy to drive the loop on four soft tyres in such heat so I’m happy to bring the car home in front,” said Ogier.

Mikkelsen won today’s opening stage but a mistake when he slid into a field cost the Norwegian the opportunity to lead tonight. Latvala also scored a win and moved into third when a day that promised so much for Tanak turned to disappointment.

Brake problems frequently left the Estonian with stopping power at the front only. Allied to worn tyres after he made the wrong choice this afternoon, Tanak dropped valuable seconds to end 16.7sec from the lead.

Kiwi Hayden Paddon was one of the few to opt for hard rubber as the thermometer soared and he rose up the leaderboard to fifth in his Hyundai i20. Paddon struggled for rhythm initially but headed home hero Robert Kubica by 1.5sec.

Hyundai’s Thierry Neuville was 3.9sec further back in seventh and another to rue his tyre decisions, along with Citroen’s Kris Meeke who slipped from fifth to eighth after his DS 3 slithered off the road and into a field.

Dani Sordo struggled to find a rhythm with his pace notes and held ninth, ahead of a lacklustre Mads Ostberg, who spent much of the day off the leaderboard and was handed a 10sec penalty for a jump start in the penultimate stage.

All the headline World Rally Car drivers survived the 155.04km of action. Elfyn Evans opted for the wrong tyres, Kevin Abbring had brake issues in his Hyundai i20 and Martin Prokop was unhappy with the handling on his Fiesta RS, but won the final test.

Drivers face eight more stages tomorrow covering 129.29km, including a third pass over the short super special stage next to the rally’s Mikolajki base.

click: wrc.com//wrc-day-2/

Saturday-SS10

SS11: Ogier holds off pursuers

Sebastien Ogier overcame the road sweeping disadvantage to hold off his challengers through Saturday morning’s opening two stages at 72nd LOTOS Rally Poland.

He won Mazury to extend his lead over Volkswagen Polo R team-mate Andreas Mikkelsen to 5.1sec. The Norwegian retaliated in the following test, which contained more loose gravel, to bring the margin down to 2.3sec.

“It was really perfect through the two stages, I pushed all the time,” said Ogier after SS11. “I can’t do more, but I expect to lose a bit here because of the dirt on the road. The target is not to lose too much on the first loop, and gain time on the second loop this afternoon.”

Mikkelsen was hampered by hanging dust in Mazury and, after requests from the teams, organisers increased the gap between cars from two minutes to three.

“The fight is back on,” he said after going second fastest through Wieliczki. “It was a perfect run and my confidence is back on track. If we want to fight we have no choice but to be confident!”

Jari-Matti Latvala was fourth in both tests to retain third, but the Finn was not happy. “My performance isn’t at the level at which I want it to be. I can’t find the limit. Sometimes I attack corners too much, sometimes I’m too careful,” he said.

Ott Tanak spun his Ford Fiesta RS near the start of Mazury but bounced back to win the next stage. He is 3.7sec behind Latvala.

Hayden Paddon was second in Mazury and fifth in the next test in his Hyundai i20 to put space between himself and team-mate Thierry Neuville and Robert Kubica in their fight for fifth. Neuville relegated Kubica in SS10 when the Pole missed a junction and had to reverse.

Elfyn Evans stalled at the start of Mazury but worse was to follow as water pump problems forced him to retire his Fiesta RS before Wieliczki.

click: wrc.com/poland-ss11/

SS12:

SS13: Ogier edges clear in Poland

Sebastien Ogier extended his lead at 72nd LOTOS Rally Poland in Saturday morning’s stages despite cleaning the gravel tracks in his position as road opener.

After trading seconds with closest rival and Volkswagen Polo R team-mate Andreas Mikkelsen in the opening two tests, Ogier stretched his advantage in the next two stages.

Second in Swietajno added almost a second to his lead. Ogier did more damage to Mikkelsen’s victory hopes in the live TV Paprotki stage when he used cleaner roads to go fastest by 4.1sec from the Norwegian to lead by 7.2sec.

“It was a great loop. I expected better conditions from the last stage because we did part of it in the opposite direction yesterday. My tyres look like new. When you’re first on the road there’s not so much grip,” said Ogier.

Mikkelsen made two mistakes early in Paprotki and admitted matching Ogier this afternoon on repeated clean roads would be tough. “It will be difficult but we’ll keep trying,” he said.

Ott Tanak spoiled Volkswagen’s clean sweep of the podium by relegating Jari-Matti Latvala to third. The Estonian won Swietajno and was second in Paprotki in his Ford Fiesta RS to move a tenth of a second clear.

A downbeat Latvala slipped 20.1sec off the lead and recognised his victory chances were virtually finished. “I can’t catch Ogier at this speed. Getting onto the podium is now the most realistic situation,” he said.

Hyundai’s Hayden Paddon strengthened his grip on fifth in Swietajno, but handed time back to team-mate Thierry Neuville in the next test when he struggled in the ruts. The gap is 11.0sec.

Robert Kubica overshot a hairpin in Paprotki but remained seventh ahead of Kris Meeke, while Citroen’s Mads ?stberg moved ahead of Dani Sordo into ninth.

Kevin Abbring lost 20sec after landing in the undergrowth following a crest in Swietajno, filling his Hyundai’s air intake with foliage and causing the water temperature to rise. The Dutchman dropped three minutes in the next stage after beaching his i20 in soft sand.

click: wrc.com/poland-ss13/

SS14:

STAGE 14 Mazury 2 - CANCELLED
    In the first section of the stage there were too many spectators who did not react to any instructions from the safety crew. In order to guarantee the safety of spectators and rally cars, the stage was cancelled.
    Rally cars were diverted to the start of the next stage via an alternative route. The organisers adhered to these instructions in order not to have an incident of any kind.

--------------------------------------

SS15: Mikkelsen refuses to concede

The see-saw battle for victory at 72nd LOTOS Rally Poland between leader Sebastien Ogier and Andreas Mikkelsen took another twist as the Norwegian closed the gap in Saturday afternoon’s opening action.

Following the cancellation of the Mazury test, Mikkelsen was fastest through Wieliczki. He sliced 1.4sec from Ogier’s advantage to leave the margin between the two Volkswagen Polo R cars at 5.8sec.

The cancellation did little to help Mikkelsen’s pursuit. He opted for Michelin’s hard compound rubber in the scorching temperatures, hoping their durability would favour him against Ogier’s mix of hard and soft rubber. But he needed every kilometre to count to benefit from their endurance.

“I hoped for the loop to be as long as possible to get the advantage but the cancellation ruined that plan. We have one more proper stage before the super special, so let’s see what we can do,” said Mikkelsen.

The fight for third between Ott Tanak and Jari-Matti Latvala also continued unabated. A rejuvenated Latvala was third, 0.6sec ahead of Tanak’s Ford Fiesta RS, to relegate the Estonian to fourth by half a second.

Hayden Paddon was second quickest in Hyundai’s i20 to consolidate fifth from team-mate Thierry Neuville. The gap increased to 15.1sec.

click: wrc.com/poland-ss15/

Thrilling finale awaits in Poland

Team-mates Sebastien Ogier and Andreas Mikkelsen will go head-to-head in a final day showdown to decide the outcome of 72nd LOTOS Rally Poland on Sunday.

Ogier ended Saturday’s penultimate leg with a 5.6sec lead over Volkswagen Motorsport colleague Mikkelsen with just two speed tests and almost 30km remaining in which to decide this seventh round of the FIA World Rally Championship.

Despite cleaning the sandy gravel tracks in his position as road opener, series leader Ogier extended his 2.1sec overnight advantage to 7.2sec over this morning’s four special stages.

Tyre choice again proved decisive in this afternoon’s scorching temperatures, which reached 32˚C. Mikkelsen’s choice of Michelin hard compound rubber proved more suited to the conditions than Ogier’s mix of hard and soft, and he reduced the deficit.

“I’ve been cleaning the roads since the start so to lead is fantastic, but we have to finish the fight tomorrow. I wasn’t so sure about my tyre choice this afternoon because they were moving a lot. It wasn’t a perfect choice,” said Ogier.

Mikkelsen could have been even closer to his Polo R rival had it not been for hanging dust in the penultimate stage. “There was so much dust I couldn’t see in places. I pushed to the maximum but lost time in the dust. On hard tyres, I think that was my chance,” he said.

He needed every available kilometre to rein in Ogier, but the cancellation of a stage this afternoon for safety reasons further dented his chances.

The fight for third was just as intense. Jari-Matti Latvala held a 5.9sec advantage last night but, despite an opening stage spin, Ott Tanak won two morning stages to head the Finn by a tenth of a second at the mid-leg service.

A rejuvenated Latvala briefly regained position but the Estonian added a third win to end the leg with a 1.5sec lead in his Ford Fiesta RS.

Hayden Paddon retained fifth and achieved his target of building a 20sec cushion over Hyundai i20 team-mate Thierry Neuville, while local hero Robert Kubica survived two overshoots in his Fiesta RS to hold seventh ahead of a closing Kris Meeke.

Citroen’s Mads Ostberg overhauled Spain’s Dani Sordo for ninth.

The only retirement was Elfyn Evans whose Fiesta RS stopped with a broken water pump, while Dutchman Kevin Abbring lost three minutes after beaching his i20 in soft sand.

Tomorrow’s final leg comprises two passes over the 14.60km Baranowo stage, the second of which forms the live TV Power Stage, with bonus points to the fastest three drivers.

click: wrc.com/saturday-wrap/

SS17:

Last edited by Weasel 555; 07-05-2015 at 10:55 AM.

strange stage times/overall are not showing up for SS15,16, on wrc.com !!

Sunday: SS18

Sebastien Ogier moved within touching distance of victory at 72nd LOTOS Rally Poland after stretching his lead over Volkswagen Motorsport team-mate Andreas Mikkelsen to 8.1sec with one stage remaining.

He blasted his Polo R through the first pass over Baranowo 2.5sec faster than his colleague at an average speed of 126.26kph, and Mikkelsen acknowledged victory on this seventh round of the FIA World Rally Championship was heading the Frenchman’s way.

“I knew I had to do my job, like always,” said Ogier. “I pushed, but no more than the rest of the weekend.”

Mikkelsen admitted he didn’t risk all in his pursuit.

“I could have pushed more. I saw places where I could have been slightly quicker but it was close to perfect. For the next run hopefully I can give it a little bit more. I’d like to try for the win but not at all costs. Without him making a mistake it will be difficult,” said the Norwegian.

Jari-Matti Latvala clawed back 0.4sec on Ott Tanak in their battle for third and the pair will start the final stage separated by 1.1sec.

“It’s just enough,” said Tanak. “I made some changes to the pace notes for the next run. It’s not an all-out push, but we’ve been pushing all weekend. We’re competitive and improving as we promised.”

Thierry Neuville finished with a wooden stake jammed in his Hyundai i20’s rear wheel arch and a banner trailing from the back after a second gear roll.

“I followed the line into a cut but there was something there that tripped us up. We were lucky we could continue,” explained the Belgian, who escaped with only a 10sec time loss but saw his slim chance of catching team-mate Hayden Paddon disappear.

Robert Kubica had a differential and handbrake problem in his Ford Fiesta RS but retained seventh.

click: wrc.com/poland-ss18/

SS19:

Ogier Wins !

Sebastien Ogier secured his fifth win in seven rallies at 72nd LOTOS Rally Poland on Sunday to extend his lead in the FIA World Rally Championship.

The Frenchman led the seventh round of the series from Friday afternoon, holding off Volkswagen Polo R team-mate Andreas Mikkelsen to win by 11.9sec after almost 300km of furious competition in scorching temperatures in north-east Poland.

Ott Tanak prevented a Volkswagen podium clean sweep by claiming third in a Ford Fiesta RS, matching his career-best result. Jari-Matti Latvala crashed in the final stage while attempting to catch the Estonian.

Ogier won the final live TV Power Stage to claim three bonus points. T?nak took two points in second and Mikkelsen secured one.

click: wrc.com/btraking news

----------------------------------

Next Rnd 8 - Neste Oil Rally Finland July30-Aug2

History

Dates back to 1951 when it was launched as a means of deciding the Finnish entries for Rallye Monte-Carlo.
    It took on the name 1000 Lakes Rally and was included in the calendar for the WRC in its first year in 1973.
    It has been dominated by Finnish drivers who have won 52 of the 64 editions. Top of the roll of honour are Hannu Mikkola and Marcus Gronholm with seven wins.

What’s new for 2015

Ouninpohja is back! The stage regarded as the sport’s biggest test of bravery and commitment returns with the full-length 34km version driven twice on Friday.
    Jyvaskyla’s Harju street stage kicks off the rally on Thursday night.

Official Website: nesteoilrallyfinland

Listen Live: wrc.com/live_popup_radio

WRC+ : Live Stages/Live Maps/Onboard Action/Full Highlights plus.wrc.com/

Last edited by Weasel 555; 07-05-2015 at 10:55 AM.

400 flat to crest
    2007 S.126th ST. Seattle, WA. 98168, USA.

Kickass coverage continues to convulse curious compatriots of the sole American entry..
    Without your efforts, we wouldn't have a clue what's happening.
    You've really gone to amazing lengths..
    Congratulations.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle, WA, USA
    www.rallyrace.net/jvab
    www.rallyanarchy.com

Telephone +1 206 431 9696
    Rememeber the time zone difference

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat