(I'll be back in the Bay Jan 4; I will be out of town Jan 20- Feb 10)
Asking Price: $6,500 (includes all spares and everything listed below)
The first buyer came and looked at the car and we did not agree on a price.
I've updated the thread with a few comments and photos.
Please be sure to re-read and check out the photos.
Major points from Buyer #1
- Suspension needs servicing and may need 2 new inserts (see photos)
- The car looks a bit more "beat up" than the photos show
--- Not sure how to illustrate this. It's a '93 chassis. The car runs but it looks like it has been through a few rallies, as with most older cars I've seen
I'm happy to take whatever photos for folks before anyone looks at the car.
Feel free to ask questions.
Full image library here
As a result of the suspension, I've dropped the price.
Initial estimate on a full suspension service is $1,600 from Feal Suspension. As mentioned in my original post, a rebuild was a good idea. Now that is confirmed.
I bought this from Rob (Renegade on DirtyImpreza) about 3 years ago with the intentions of taking it to a stage rally, but life has been busy and I still havenít taken it to a Stage...
The car will continue to sit for the next 1-2 years; Iíd rather see someone driving it.
Car is currently registered until June 2016 in California
I have rallyxíed it 5 times and have driven it around 2,000 miles (90% freeway going between San Francisco and Sacramento for said RallyX).
Currently, I drive the car to move it around the neighborhood, and thatís about it.
Contact me via email at theine(at)gmail dotcom.
As much history as I can provide:
- Built by A. Morton and Salta Motorsports (Castle Rock, CO) in 2008
- Logbooked by Rally America fall of 2008
- Rally 1: 9/12/2008 - Rally Colorado
- Rally 2: 5/24/2009- Tumbleweed Express
- Rally 3: 9/18/2009 - Rally Colorado
- Car purchased by Rob (Renegade) around Feb 2010
- Car purchased by me in June 2012
I have all the logbook and cage certification documentation.
Car will not pass SMOG in California in itís current state. Itís an OBDI Ď93 chassis with an OBDII motor, so it fails visually / technically.
Recent SMOG certificate will NOT be provided with sale
- Shell and Roll Cage
- Custom Cages FIA cage installed by Salta Motorsports Colorado in 2008
- Used a Custom Cages kit
- Shell is 90 seam welded
- SFI roll cage padding
- Needs new extinguishers
- Harnesses are G-Force (DOM May 2012)
- First Aid Kit / Warning Triangles / Tow strap / Spill kit
- Primitive Racing extra heavy duty skid plate
- Primitive Racing rear diff guard
- Sparco Evo 2 (DOM Mar 2007)
- Sparco Pro 2000 (DOM Mar 2007)
Motor and Electrical
- All electrical works
- Have both a Steilo Trophy or Peltor intercom that could be included (not wired up)
- Version 1 Link plus ECU with plug and play harness for 2000 2.5 RS (not installed)
- Car is NA, but has Turbo crossmember
- Cross Member is notched to allow stock NA exhaust to fit
- Cobb intake; also have most of the stock airbox
- 2001 2.5 RS motor and engine harness
- Small oil leak on driver side valve cover
- Delta Grind Cams
- Estimated mileage at 130k
- Runs strong; hasnít been raced on stage, but has been driven 2000 freeway miles and 5 days of rallyX
- Though the car runs well, there are the below CELs (these seem like wiring issues with the custom harness splicing; have been present since date of purchase from Rob).
- 0463 fuel sensor
- 0183 fuel temp
- 0447 fuel cap
- 0118 coolant temp - sensor on water/cross pipe
- 0463 fuel level
- 0183 fuel temp
- 0041 - PGV valve
Drivetrain and Misc
Transmission: 98 Outback 5 speed with Stage 1 clutch; mileage unknown but estimated at 130k
Suspension: DMS 50mm coil overs; last service unknown; recommend service, though performs/drives fine
Whiteline rear diff bushings
Group N transmission mount
Group N engine mounts
Kartboy shifter bushings
Sparco 3 spoke steering wheel with Momo hub adapter
Welded roof vent
Car painted by Maaco; pretty low quality paint job, but itís okay from a distance
Rear driver door shows exterior rust and is starting to rust through
Steering rack: passenger inner boot is torn. It is zip tied to prevent massive grease leak, but it still leaks a bit (leaks onto exhaust manifold and produces a minor smell and light smoke). Either the boot or rack should be replaced.
Extras and Spares
8 Subaru legacy alloy wheels
4 with rally tires
4 with regular tires; tires are trash
Spare 2.5L intake manifold
1.5 sets of 2.5L SOHC heads
front and rear brake calipers
Stock suspension (front and rear struts, springs, top hats)
Misc gaskets and head gasket kit
front and rear brake calipers
Misc other stuff
Video, because a few people asked...
The chrome has started to wear on the insert
Additional info from when Rob bought the car: http://www.dirtyimpreza.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=15164