Special Stage Forums banner

Wild West Sept 19, 2015

10K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  heymagic 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATE : Wild West will be moved to the alternate date of November 7 ,2015 due to the extended forecast of little or no rain . This date will work better for the fire danger, dust and comfort and health of the volunteers and workers. We made the decision now as to avoid dealing with last minute surprises.

The event will be held on the Green Diamond roads near Shelton, Washington. Green Diamond is allowing us to have two events on their roads. We are very appreciative and thankful to them for their support!

At this time (early in planning) we will be a one day event, somewhere around 50 stage miles. There is a possibilty of a late afternoon or evening event due to fire season. The schedule will be determined at a slightly later date obviously.

I suspect the event will be held as a Rally America regional and no idea of route book or recce at this time. That will be easier to work with as a route gets finalized. The intent is to have another affordable opportunity to go play in the woods with friends. This will be kept as affordable as possible and minimum frills.

More info as it becomes available.

See less See more
#3 ·
Sounds like my kind of Event. cheap, no frills. wooohooo ..

although the chances of my wife letting me go 2 weeks after giving birth to twins ... seems doubtful at best... don't think my car will be fixed by then either...

Awesome sounding event though :)

#6 ·
LoL ... ya then i'de have a working car and less kids on the way .... I figure i have a replacement crewchief, driver and navigator now though... leaves me 16-18 years of play time left... lol

#8 ·
well a little bit of that too.

so who is gonna sign up to this so i can live vicariously? you know, take video? write up? oh and make sure to drink lots of beer at the after party. not like throw up drunk, but a little stumbling and a taxi ride type situation. :D

don't think Just of yourself, but all the rally drivers currently sidelined!

#17 ·
Rules are here http://www.rally-america.com/rules , read them and feel free to ask questions. Entry fee will be $350.00 for the early fee. Event website is here http://www.wildwestrally.org/

You'll need a fully caged car, seats, belts, all safety gear to Rally America spec and a co-driver. $5k to 10K more than likely to begin ...not trying to scare you off. We also have a November alternative date due to fire concerns. Honestly you would be hard pressed to build a car in time for the September date (it has been done tho). You're also very welcome to come hang out and see what it is all about.

Gene

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.