Rally America's ever amazing results.. Can this be true? Group 2 in top 5? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: Rally America's ever amazing results.. Can this be true? Group 2 in top 5?

  1. #11
    100 oversquare right
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Reading, PA, USA.
    Posts
    3,258

    Default

    FWIW. Net control reported to us that they were lost on the transit and we should expect them late (implying wait for them). And it was one of the last cars, probably a newbie (don't have my records here) so cut them a break.
    Last edited by Don Kennedy; 06-09-2015 at 09:46 AM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #12
    L1 !!! HPR into HPL rallydave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Houston, TX, USA.
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
    FWIW. Net control reported to us that they were lost on the transit and we should expect them late (implying wait for them). And it was one of the last cars, probably a newbie (don't have my records here) so cut them a break.
    Think you might be a bit confused Don. The car with the 49 minutes of MPL is Alvin Fong in an Evo in SP running the National and Regional so would not consider him a newbie and should have been subject to the MPL penalty or why have that penalty. Look up penalties on the RA site.
    Dave Weiman
    rallydave at pobox dot com

  4. #13

    Default

    Alvin is a friend. Think this was an electrical gremlin. Results are final so might as well bring it up since RA scoring is the topic of thread. What say the rulebook and supps regarding MPL? Does the scoring software even check MPL or was it a decision made by Net to allow them to keep going as the time gap between other final cars running and fastsweep did not compromise the safety of the last few cars still running on time? As crazy as some of the results that get posted are, seems the prior.

    I'm all down for letting people get their stage miles.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #14
    50 caution yump
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Maybe i dont know the rules well enough, but I always thought MPL was calculated unfairly? If you're 10th on the road, get stuck in a snow bank have to wait for sweep to give you a little tug and there's 50 cars, you're out of the rally. If you're 50th on the road you could be pulled out and potentially still beat the bogey time.

    In the USA most rally's dont seem to care from what I've encountered, provided you're not holding the rally up. But from what I've heard and it may or may not be true, canadians are much more strict about it; pull your time card and in some cases can't even get the miles in.

  7. #15
    100 oversquare right
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Reading, PA, USA.
    Posts
    3,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rallydave View Post
    Think you might be a bit confused Don. The car with the 49 minutes of MPL is Alvin Fong in an Evo in SP running the National and Regional so would not consider him a newbie and should have been subject to the MPL penalty or why have that penalty. Look up penalties on the RA site.
    I didn't check the results so my bad. I was just going on an assumption based on my experience. No, Alvin is not a newbie.

  8. #16
    R4Vlg>TREE
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chicago/St. Louis, USA
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by czwalga View Post
    Maybe i dont know the rules well enough, but I always thought MPL was calculated unfairly? If you're 10th on the road, get stuck in a snow bank have to wait for sweep to give you a little tug and there's 50 cars, you're out of the rally. If you're 50th on the road you could be pulled out and potentially still beat the bogey time.

    In the USA most rally's dont seem to care from what I've encountered, provided you're not holding the rally up. But from what I've heard and it may or may not be true, canadians are much more strict about it; pull your time card and in some cases can't even get the miles in.
    My understanding if sweep pulls you out, rather than a competitor, they will take your time card, and you do not get to continue. I think sometimes they will let you keep it and keep going while noting that you are DNF and update at the end. I don't think you're supposed to ever have times coutned after being swept though?

  9. #17
    50 caution yump
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowImg View Post
    My understanding if sweep pulls you out, rather than a competitor, they will take your time card, and you do not get to continue. I think sometimes they will let you keep it and keep going while noting that you are DNF and update at the end. I don't think you're supposed to ever have times coutned after being swept though?
    Hasn't been true for me, i was pulled out twice my first year at sno*drift.

  10. #18

    Default

    All I know is I get a headache trying to follow the RA results and some links never go to any info so just delete them.

    Quote Originally Posted by czwalga View Post
    Maybe i dont know the rules well enough, but I always thought MPL was calculated unfairly? If you're 10th on the road, get stuck in a snow bank have to wait for sweep to give you a little tug and there's 50 cars, you're out of the rally. If you're 50th on the road you could be pulled out and potentially still beat the bogey time.
    That is like arguing that the road conditions were not fair because you were 50th on road and it was polished ice.

    If you are 10th on the road, you've had 40 cars worth of chances before sweep. Karma counts. Help your fellow competitors and it'll come back to you.
    Last edited by Lancia037Rally; 06-09-2015 at 12:57 PM.

  11. #19
    L1 !!! HPR into HPL rallydave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Houston, TX, USA.
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lancia037Rally View Post
    Alvin is a friend. Think this was an electrical gremlin. Results are final so might as well bring it up since RA scoring is the topic of thread. What say the rulebook and supps regarding MPL? Does the scoring software even check MPL or was it a decision made by Net to allow them to keep going as the time gap between other final cars running and fastsweep did not compromise the safety of the last few cars still running on time? As crazy as some of the results that get posted are, seems the prior.

    I'm all down for letting people get their stage miles.
    Don't disagree with you at all Dave about people getting their stage miles but, that can and has been done allowing DNF cars to "fun run" so as to not inpact timing, sweep, cars still in competition, etc. As far as MPL, the rules are the rules and unfair for some people to be allowed to continue and be scored as finishers if they exceed MPL when others are penalized for breaking other rules. IMHO, the rules need to be changed if people are allowed to continue when the reach MPL or MPE with the rule saying no.

    Regarding sweep passing or pulling out cars, believe there is a rule for that in RA that some rallies have requested and gotten approval to change the rule so the competitor needs to be aware of the rules and the supps for the particular rally they are running. And the sanctioning body as rules vary between RA, NASA, and CARS.

    And Dave, please remember, seat time and being classified a finisher are two different things. Yes, people should get the seat time but, they should be DNF if the rules state as unfair to others who run afoul of the rules.
    Last edited by rallydave; 06-09-2015 at 12:55 PM.
    Dave Weiman
    rallydave at pobox dot com

  12. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rallydave View Post
    And Dave, please remember, seat time and being classified a finisher are two different things. Yes, people should get the seat time but, they should be DNF if the rules state as unfair to others who run afoul of the rules.
    That is another can o worms. To be running but not being scored in the event, what insurance coverage is there?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •