Raybestos Race Pads
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raybestos Race Pads

200 square left

Default Raybestos Race Pads

Anyone have any experience with Raybestos Racing Pads? We are looking into upgrading/changing the brake setup on the impreza and trying to squeeze some 4 pots under 14" wheels and it appears that the Raybestos ST-47 is comparable to the R4 pads we have been using but at a lower replacement cost. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 oversquare right

Wow .. first I've ever heard of that .. The R4 pads get like .6 Mu at some temperatures

You should ask them for a Mu chart . if you can't get one .. then most likely its all just opinion / butt dyno.

I do notice that when pads need replacing and the rotors are glazed. switching to anything "new" out of the box always feels Way better. but that's a horrible way to determine braking force.

You could try threshold braking with a G-meter in your car (smart phone with trackmaster IE) and just see how many Gs you get under braking. put in new pads. bed them properly and repeat.

Gs don't like , but the butt dyno is very inaccurate.

Thanks for the heads up. this could be a HUGE find. hell even if the braking force is a little lower, could still be a huge find.
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

100 oversquare right

I found their contact form and requested a mu chart. hopefully they have one
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

200 square left

The charts are right on their webpage: http://www.raybestosbrakes.com/magno...rts_PCA_r1.pdf
    only thing they don't have is friction vs temp. Mostly just looking for impressions if anyone has used them. Best I could find is some vette forums and that the initial bite is pretty good.

100 oversquare right

if they get a 0.48 and a max temp of 1300F ... IMO i would think that wuold be nearly as good as the R4

I would imagine you could switch to the raybestos with out really affecting your stage times. and probably help with the wallet padding area!

Kevin,

Do you have a source for these?

-Kevin

I don't think they make them in the pad shape you are looking for (Subaru). At least they don't show up as an option through the vendor we use that sells them.
    Grant Hughes - 1985 Merkur XR$TI Group 5
    rally.build
    885 Parfet St Ste C
    Denver, CO 80215

200 square left

By 4 pots I meant Dynapro's not the subaru brembo's. Should have specified.

They do make them. RC722 for the fronts for the ST41. Trying to find the rears.

Zero Cents!

Which rears? Depending on caliper, you can run the 471, 770 or the 1004.

The 770's exist in Raybestos ST41, however they are NOT a cheap option. http://www.porterfield-brakes.com/pr...roductID=14373
    I've not found them for the 471 or 1004, not that I've looked very hard.