Wiring up a Stilo intercom to basic parts

Thread: Wiring up a Stilo intercom to basic parts

Default Wiring up a Stilo intercom to basic parts

Hey all, I'm trying to figure out the best way to approach this on a limited budget (in the short term).

The rally car has what looks like a Stilo WRC 03 intercom system, but I don't have any intercom helmets yet. In the short term, I can't spend that kind of money on 2x helmets and I'm looking for a solution that will last me one rally while I save up the capital for a helmut.

What I do have is the female connector cable end, which I've been told is a TJ-101 Nexus. and that I need a TP-101 jack to plug in to that.

The question is, is that correct, and if I get a TP-101 jack, can I convert that to 2x 3.5mm for off-the-shelf earbuds/earphones + microphone that will work with the Stilo without blowing anything? I've found that the impedance of the headphones should be 8ohm, and I need a 'dynamic microphone'

Has anyone dealt with this kind of a situation before, and have any experience mating a Stilo amp to a home-made earphone/mic setup?

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Bump, anyone have experience?
    #34 Steve W
    Calgary AB Canada

50 caution yump

Why not just get a cheaper headset with a stilo adaptor or even a stilo headset and use that in the current helmet setup you have?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

I was just introduced to the 'emergency kit' today so I think I will go that route and glue them into the helmets I have. Didn't know that simple of a solution existed!

Thanks!
    #34 Steve W
    Calgary AB Canada

50 caution yump

There is also another company that makes headsets that uses Stilo jacks... Dont have the name now but will look at it later tonight.

The emergency kit is the way to go. I have a Stilo WRC DES intercom and helmet and that's what my CO-Driver uses with one of his older helmets that he put HANS posts into and it sounds just fine. The extra noise you can hear in the video is actually from an external camera dubbed over the intercom track when I was putting the video together because the intercom removes all of the other noise that's not coming from us, so it makes for some pretty lame sounding videos.

https://youtu.be/GLMDDgErZtY

So what exactly is the the "emergency kit"?

https://stilo-usa.com/intercoms/emergency-wiring-kit

Answered my own question.

You might also think of using the Open Face Helmet Headset, it has a fixed boom mic and you won't have to rig something up for it. Make sure to also get the ear cups, those cut out a large amount of exterior noise.

http://www.rockymtnautosports.com/st...-intercom-kit/

if you need any adapters
    www.zerodegreec.ca
    Bryan L.
    Maker of those intercom adapters and "stuff"
    www.zerodegreec.ca