Special Stage Forums banner

Rally in Texas?

13K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  RobertHuffman60 
#1 ·
I know there's a rallycross group in Texas, and that currently there's no stage rallies. I was curious about any road rallies (TSD) that were being organized. I've looked on the Texas SCCA website, however, they have no information about any of their TSD rallies. I'd like to get involved, if anyone has any info I'd much appreciate it.

#4 ·
There are no "brisk" events. That's a euphemism for a race on public roads, which is verboten, and frankly, not welcome by participants in other events. The original poster asked for TSD events, and the Texas Region is the most regular host of those events. FWIW, a TSD can be fun as long as you accept it for what it is and don't try to make it something else.

If you want something a little more wooly, go do the Texas A&M Sportscar Club rallys. They aren't planned to be "brisk", but are frequently riddled with so many errors that you end up losing a lot of time trying to blindly find the right course.

#5 · (Edited)
Actually it's not a euphemism up this way in the north east. I don't want a race on public roads, nor was I encouraging that. I was more referring to tuliped/tour events where the ROAD is challenging at legal speeds, such that it is a brisk drive. Typical this way is 40 or 45mph CAS throughout the event, on roads posted at 50.

FWIW, from a TSD "Tour" national champion/former TSD rallymaster.

http://www.flr-scca.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/GeneralInstructions_WinterRallySeries2015.pdf

#6 ·
We do have roads that are challenging at legal speeds. These roads are also the ones the you find interesting things along such as a kid on a gocart, tractor with plow extending across entire road, bicycles, etc. All of these will inevetibly be right over a crest or just around the corner. Any pretty road within 2 hours of DFW will have large houses owned by lawyers along it.

Also, our GTA rallies range from course following challanges to simple sign hunts. And because people always seem to take forever on a simple sign hunt rally, I will be adding a simple TSD element to the next one coming up April 25.

#7 ·
Thank you Jason (modernbeat). Luckily I live in the DFW area, so hopefully I'll be able to participate in some events this year!
I'd love to do a stage rally, but money, lack of space to store a race car, and proximity are all keeping me from doing that at the moment, so I'm learning what I can and gaining experience in similar(ish) things while I bide my time and save money. I'm interested in co-driving in the future, and I've read that TSD is a good intro to reading tulips and doing time calculations, and I'll take any experience I can get! Plus I've always wanted to do a road rally at some point anyway, I tried to write up a scavenger-hunt style road rally for my hometown once but never actually got it completely organized...

#8 ·
We do have roads which might be hard at legal speeds. most of these roads can also be the your current your own a person acquire interesting factors decrease these types of to be a kid from the gocart, tractor with plow extending across overall road, bicycles, etc. almost all involving these types of will probably inevetibly become appropriate over the crest or perhaps only In regards to the corner. any pretty road throughout a couple of hours connected with DFW may have large houses owned by lawyers decrease it.Also, OUR GTA rallies range through course after challanges to be able to easy Log hunts. IN ADDITION TO since a person always seem to consider forever on an quick Firewood hunt rally, my partner and i can be adding a great uncomplicated TSD element to the subsequently single coming up April 25.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.