Introduction

Thread: Introduction

100 K left 2

Default Introduction

Hello everybody my name is Eric from Penetanguishene Ontario. Long time lurker, new member, and first post in a forum ever haha. I'm very new to rally but am an apprenticing mechanic with allot of experience working on commuter vehicles and motorcycles and have always wanted to to try my hand at rally. I have purchased a 1992 golf 8v and decided to build my own car and recently have been looking into a cage but am having trouble finding clear definite info on the required specs and what I can and cannot do to my car etc. I am also having trouble figuring out licensing and all the different memberships required. I will make a sperate post if I need too as I'm also new to posting in forums aswell haha.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kerozev View Post
    Hello everybody my name is Eric from Penetanguishene Ontario. Long time lurker, new member, and first post in a forum ever haha. I'm very new to rally but am an apprenticing mechanic with allot of experience working on commuter vehicles and motorcycles and have always wanted to to try my hand at rally. I have purchased a 1992 golf 8v and decided to build my own car and recently have been looking into a cage but am having trouble finding clear definite info on the required specs and what I can and cannot do to my car etc. I am also having trouble figuring out licensing and all the different memberships required. I will make a sperate post if I need too as I'm also new to posting in forums aswell haha.
    Head over to carsrally.ca all the information you require including clubs in your area can be found. The cage specs for a new vehicle are FIA253 you would be wise to contact the local technical official who will be issuing your log book.

Matt

50 caution yump

1. Go here: http://www.carsrally.ca/index.php?op...mid=70&lang=en
    2. Download rulebook
    3. Read it over and over again.
    4. Talk to a Scruitineer before you start.
    5. Ask lots of questions
    Dave Cotie
    VA3 COT

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 K left 2

Thank you already have article 253 but had like three more rule packages one from ASN, an older scca one and some other one I'll read everything on the CARS site tho. Many many more questions to follow haha