WTB: Lights for light pod 93-2001 Impreza

Thread: WTB: Lights for light pod 93-2001 Impreza

Default WTB: Lights for light pod 93-2001 Impreza

Looking to see if anyone has lights for sale. PIAA, Hella, KC- Let me know what you may have. Getting ready to start production on my light pod. Looking to do 2 spot, 2 floods. Halogen, HID, or LED...weighing my options. Just don't think a light bar will be enough.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

50 caution yump

Trust me. A good lightbar will be enough. Will be lighter too, and draw less power.

Diode Dynamics 30" spot bar alone was awesome for LSPR. Use the code teamconte at checkout for 10% off.

I run a spot and a spot-driving combo, although if I was on a budget, the spot would definitely be enough.
    #542 - 1991 Subaru Legacy Open Class

Quote Originally Posted by MConte05 View Post
    Trust me. A good lightbar will be enough. Will be lighter too, and draw less power.

Diode Dynamics 30" spot bar alone was awesome for LSPR. Use the code teamconte at checkout for 10% off.

I run a spot and a spot-driving combo, although if I was on a budget, the spot would definitely be enough.
    So would you recommend two then? I would spend $800-$1200 to feel confident I'm going to get a good product that's not going to shit out on me, or that I will have to replace in a year.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Uh Oh, UH OH, UHH OHHH!!! johnhuebbe's Avatar

If you are just starting out and slow, or looking to save a few bucks, one light bar would be enough. If you are looking to be competitive and want maximum light in front of you, then get a spot and a spot-driving. Fab a bracket up to mount one on top of the other. You'll also need to make sure to brace the top of the light bar if you are going to stack both, otherwise the lights vibrate a bit.

I've ridden in the car twice, once with my brother driving and once with Matt. Honestly, these are some good lights. Not cheap Chinese crap. (Another local friend bought a cheap $80 light bar w/$100 shipping and it was total crap.)

The Diode Dynamics light bars are legit. It's all in the optics.

The only thing that would sway my decision is not the light output of these vs. standard PIAA/HELLA. It would be aesthetics only. If you like the look of round light in pods.
    Behold the POWER of cheese! www.huebberally.com
    Organizer: 100aw.org & perryville.100aw.org/ | Rally Cars: 1970 VW Beetle & 1991 Subaru Legacy

Matt swayed my decision quite a bit. Diode Dynamics sounds like a sure fire way to go.