Website I'm Working On // Displays All The Rallycross Organizations And Schools On A

Thread: Website I'm Working On // Displays All The Rallycross Organizations And Schools On A

100 K left 2

Default Website I'm Working On // Displays All The Rallycross Organizations And Schools On A

http://rallyx.me/

Doing a little website side project and wanted to see if anyone would think this is a good/shitty idea or have suggestions. The site displays all the rallycross organizations and schools on a map of the US to help people find events in their area.

Also have a map of the national events held by Rally America and NASA Rally Sport:
    http://rallyx.me/national-stage-rally-events/

That would be the main purpose of the site, but if it gets enough traction it would be nice for it to be the place to build a community and be the "go to" for any rallycross information/tips.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 oversquare right

Its both.. It is a great idea. i see this idea every so often, they usually pick up some steam, miss a few events (hard to get them all) and loose steam when they stop getting updated as often ...

the trick will be keeping this going for 3+ years, by then you can become the goto source for rally cross
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

100 K left 2

Yeah, It's hard to keep things updated. But, I do plan on keeping the map(s) up to date, it's fairly easy to check. It would be easier if each organization lets me know of any changes, or if people find a new one.

If the map(s) thing takes off, that's what would make me happen. The Forum community would be nice, but not really necessary as there is a lot of other places to get it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 oversquare right

If you can figure out a way that's not a huge hassle to you, but allows you to grant others some level of edits. and then give out that access to RX organizers (who usually want to promote their own events) it may help you to keep your site updated with less effort from yourself

Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!! Anders Green's Avatar

In theory, allowing other access so they update it could work.

In practice, it doesn't.

The people who _could_ update it are busy with what they're already doing, and ROI of updating some other site is too low. I first attempted what you're doing back in 1999, and over the last 16 years, tried it several more times.

The end result is if you want to make an awesome site, YOU will be making it. If you start from those expectations, you'll be able to focus on building something great.

Anders
    NASA Rally Sport Director
    Your question is probably answered in Rally University.

100 K left 2

Yeah, relying on other organizations to update the map won't work. If they do want to add/change I do have a simple form they can fill out and the info gets to me so I can add/change the map.

What I was thinking of doing is soliciting the organizations ever year to try and keep things up to date. The more people that even know about this site the better because they can correct any mistakes if they see any, and if they are willing to contact me lol.