Gravel/Winter Conversion 2010 Sti Hatch dilemma. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gravel/Winter Conversion 2010 Sti Hatch dilemma.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by djruslan View Post
    Does this look sufficient?
    or do I need more space?
    Are you ever going to hit rocks? I have wheels bent a lot further than that on the lip. Of course, those are OEM wheels...

100 oversquare right

How is your camber adjusted? If you are still using the camber bolts (or have a slotted strut like me .. i'm dumb) then a really bad rock hit can force your front to its max range of adjustment.

in my case i hit a rock bad at NNR and went from -2 to about -4 (did i mention i'm dumb and over slotted my strut?)

in other words : try to get more neg camber by adjusting your bolts, set to max neg camber (via the strut bolt adjustment) .
    if it does you are good.

even if you have camber plates, that won't change how close the rim is to the strut.
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Which rotors are you running?
    Jim Perrin - #716, but no more Jeep.... - TeamHazardRally.com

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot007 View Post
    Which rotors are you running?
    Up front they are custom DBA rotors supplied by KNS brakes, rear rotors are subaru brz rotors with the new 5x114 bolt pattern re-drilled also could be sourced from KNS brakes.

ShadowImg was right when he said the offset is different for the GRs - but he was way wrong on his guess. These are the wheels the Subaru Team runs:

http://www.methodracewheels.com/prod...-rally-vt-spec

And as you can see, they are a +15 offset.

R4Vlg>TREE

Those are for the SRTUSA cars which do not use the same uprights/brakes/etc as stock cars. The quote I posted for the +42/+45 offset is from Paul @ TIM, and I'm pretty confident he's correct. You could contact them directly and ask though, maybe it changed?

Thank you everyone for the replies, I think I will just have to get longer studs and some 10mm spacers to solve this, just a pitty that when I was buying the wheels brand new they did not know that it would not work without modification and didn't advice on proper offset

Went out to drive in circles aggressively, looks like they still touch a bit but not a constant contact:

I'll have to grind some more on the hub upper, I'm just starting to doubt that there is actually that much movement between the hub and rim.
    Look at all that space. Is it possible what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowImg View Post
    Those are for the SRTUSA cars which do not use the same uprights/brakes/etc as stock cars. The quote I posted for the +42/+45 offset is from Paul @ TIM, and I'm pretty confident he's correct. You could contact them directly and ask though, maybe it changed?
    I didn't realize that the SRT cars were *that* different.

Quote Originally Posted by djruslan View Post
    I'll have to grind some more on the hub upper, I'm just starting to doubt that there is actually that much movement between the hub and rim.
    Look at all that space. Is it possible what do you guys think?
    If you were just doing pavement stuff, I'd say no problem. If you are doing any sort of rally related stuff, one good impact on anything could leave you stranded. That being said, an impact of that magnitude might also bend your lower control arm as well, so it might not matter.