Sandblast Rally full with 112 racers, here's what's next - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sandblast Rally full with 112 racers, here's what's next

NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!! Anders Green's Avatar

On a positive note... it's going to be practically 70 degrees today so I rode my Husky 610 to work!

NASA Rally Sport Director
    Your question is probably answered in Rally University.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Four tree two remember Andrew wvonkessler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tdrrally View Post
    they are factory road legal, owner would need to add better lights.
    i worked at a ktm shop we sold 20+ bikes a year that became tagged
    ktm and gasgas both have no branding for off road only on the title , so a 300xc or xcw as an example is a matter of paying for a tag
    i personally have dualsport converted 6 bikes

http://www.vaq34.com/junk/300_ktm_streeetbike_001.jpg

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=769065
    Just cause you can get a tag for it doesn't mean that it meets EPA requirements for street legal bikes. Usually its because CoO or markings on the bike fail to indicate that the bike is for offroad only. My understanding of EPA regs is all 2 strokes greater than 50ccs are not and cannot be made legal under the regs. Its been a few years since I looked at them, but I doubt anything has changed. So what Anders said.

How about a no stroke: https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-mx/2013/
    "Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?"

NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!! Anders Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wvonkessler View Post
    We contact them every couple years. Latest response was just about two weeks ago:

Well, Zero gave me a very nice "no". They're not focused on racing, they're focused on "real riders and everyday use". Darn.
    An e-bike going rallying would be a lot more doable than an e-car. I'd like to see it.

Anders
    NASA Rally Sport Director
    Your question is probably answered in Rally University.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Anders Green View Post
    We contact them every couple years. Latest response was just about two weeks ago:

An e-bike going rallying would be a lot more doable than an e-car. I'd like to see it.

Anders
    Cage a Tesla!
    http://www.nismostuff.blogspot.com

Roy D. from Kartek: "Rally is the cheapest motorsport in America. The last time I went to a rally it was an 84 Tercel with no headlights, an 88 nissan S box puking smoke, a 91 civic with no spare tire......."

You're talking about 40 year old enduro bikes. If people really wanted to ride those, there would be an active market for them in dual sporting, but I don't see one.

Anders
    I'm a little strange I guess but I frequent many 40y.o. two stroke bike forums (yamahaenduro.com, 2strokeworld.com, kawitriple.com, etc) and they are just as active as the rally community at least, and have just as many ridiculous feuds ongoing at all times.

I've got 4 motorcycles all of them 2 stroke and 3 are street legal. I would have loved to enter sandblast on a DT400 or similar.

On the other hand I definitely understand the issues with adding them, in certain places they are really viewed negatively (oil burning, noisy, blah blah), and you've already got a mountain of organizational work as it is with the number of entries, running cars/bikes the same day, on top of everything else. I'm just here to add another data point to your anecdotal evidence.

don't cut

Anders
    WTF??? From the brochure .. "Speaking of fast, the Zero MX will spin heads as well as laps around the competition. The new Zero MX has taken huge leaps forward in terms of power and response. Finely massaged by the Zero engineering team, it demands attention. Track tuned suspension and an industry leading power-to-weight ratio results in a dirt bike with uninhibited responsiveness. Alloy motocross wheels take the hits while smoothly maintaining control. Intensity combines with silence to open up a new world of riding possibilities. " Seems a slight conflict at ZMX marketing.

Congrats on the very incredible entry!! Shows that excellent events and awesome organizing can produce large fields.

400 flat to crest
    2007 S.126th ST. Seattle, WA. 98168, USA.

Quote Originally Posted by wvonkessler View Post
    Just cause you can get a tag for it doesn't mean that it meets EPA requirements for street legal bikes. Usually its because CoO or markings on the bike fail to indicate that the bike is for offroad only. My understanding of EPA regs is all 2 strokes greater than 50ccs are not and cannot be made legal under the regs. Its been a few years since I looked at them, but I doubt anything has changed. So what Anders said.

How about a no stroke: https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-mx/2013/
    Only joking with Anders cause he's a young un and doesn't understand the cool stuff he never knew, BUT..
    EPA is all about the sales of NEW vehicles....

Each individual STATE makes their own laws for their used vehicles...varies state to state..
    Legal is legal......ordnung ist ordung!

The troof is probably the Paris-Dakar wannabe crown would get depressed if an 85 KTM 420XC crushed them bad....and the car guys too...and if folks get depressed, they may not come back.....sides, the old enduro crowd are really REALLY seriously cheap bastids....
    I know, I've been looking at old bikes...
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle, WA, USA
    www.rallyrace.net/jvab
    www.rallyanarchy.com

Telephone +1 206 431 9696
    Rememeber the time zone difference

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Quote Originally Posted by John Vanlandingham View Post
    Only joking with Anders cause he's a young un and doesn't understand the cool stuff he never knew, BUT..
    EPA is all about the sales of NEW vehicles....

Each individual STATE makes their own laws for their used vehicles...varies state to state..
    Legal is legal......ordnung ist ordung!

The troof is probably the Paris-Dakar wannabe crown would get depressed if an 85 KTM 420XC crushed them bad....and the car guys too...and if folks get depressed, they may not come back.....sides, the old enduro crowd are really REALLY seriously cheap bastids....
    I know, I've been looking at old bikes...
    it would crush me more, if a 1985 yamahammer it 250 beast a field of open cars.

i did not mean to kill the thread. lol

i am so stoked to go work sandblast !!!

now to find a pet friendly place to stay

Quote Originally Posted by tdrrally View Post
    i did not mean to kill the thread. lol

i am so stoked to go work sandblast !!!

now to find a pet friendly place to stay
    the Inn Cheraw...it lets any animal stay there..................
    http://www.nismostuff.blogspot.com

Roy D. from Kartek: "Rally is the cheapest motorsport in America. The last time I went to a rally it was an 84 Tercel with no headlights, an 88 nissan S box puking smoke, a 91 civic with no spare tire......."