Sandblast Rally full with 112 racers, here's what's next - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandblast Rally full with 112 racers, here's what's next

100 oversquare right

Quote Originally Posted by themxracer121 View Post
    What does it take to get an exemption from the novice competitor orientation? Sandblast will be my first NASA rallymoto event but I've had many years of racing motorcycles and by the time the event starts I will have completed 4 Rally America events (two as driver and two as co-driver so I understand all aspects of the rally controls and scheduling).

The rally university mentions something about a form to fill out but doesn't have a link that I've found yet.
    the Novice competitor orientation has to do with teaching you how to respond to an injured competitor at a rally event. in that there is a big master safety plan that someone has already thought out, the plan, and an injured rider needs you to comply and follow that plan to the letter.

there will be no wavier of the new competitor orientation

even if you have ton lots of track events, super cross, moto GP, etc. rally has a different procedures.

i've done a bunch of rallies, but even just taking a 2-3 year break, i'll do a novice competitor meeting my first rally back. it's not even required of me, but i plan to anyways.
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Uh Oh, UH OH, UHH OHHH!!! johnhuebbe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A1337STI View Post
    the Novice competitor orientation has to do with teaching you how to respond to an injured competitor at a rally event. in that there is a big master safety plan that someone has already thought out, the plan, and an injured rider needs you to comply and follow that plan to the letter.

even if you have ton lots of track events, super cross, moto GP, etc. rally has a different procedures.

i've done a bunch of rallies, but even just taking a 2-3 year break, i'll do a novice competitor meeting my first rally back. it's not even required of me, but i plan to anyways.
    If he's already done 4 RA events, he will have already completed their competitor orientation. I've done both RA and NASA competitor orientation years ago and they were essentially the same. (learning about rally operations, safety, red cross, etc...)

And here is the "Request for Exemption of Participation in the Novice Competitor Orientation" form
    http://www.nasarallysport.com/rules-...on-Request.pdf
    Behold the POWER of cheese! www.huebberally.com
    Organizer: 100aw.org & perryville.100aw.org/ | Rally Cars: 1970 VW Beetle & 1991 Subaru Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by A1337STI View Post

Are you a Sandblast official or steward? Where are you getting the information that no waivers will be granted? From the 2015 supps:

22.4 Exemption
    Competitors wishing an exemption from the NCO may request an exemption by doing both of the following:
    ● Document relevant rally experience on an NCO Exemption Request Form, available from Anders
    Green, and submitted to Anders Green for approval seven days prior to the registration opening.
    ● Submit complete entry form and fee seven days prior to the registration opening.
    The request will be either approved or denied by NASA Rally Sport. Competitors may not request a NCO
    exemption after the Paperwork Completion Deadline. One possible reason for having an exemption
    approved would be the competitor's possession of a rally license issued by another organization, such as the
    FIA.

Someone sent me the waiver form and I've submitted it but haven't heard back yet. I am aware of what's covered in the NCO and I've been through 3 of them already (at Rally America events, but the procedures are more or less the same for NASA). I've read both sets of rules front to back and have a good understanding of all rally procedures.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 oversquare right

If you've done 4 events total (with RA or Nasa or any combination of the 2) (disclaimer Check the RULES!!! !!! )

I'm pretty sure you are no longer required a New competitors orientation meeting, period, and wouldn't need a wavier. ?

that's how it worked for me in the south west. the first 4 events i had to do the new competitor meeting , regardless of whether it was RA or NRA . and after 4 i stopped going.. i didn't file for a waiver , i just didn't go, and no one ever told me i did something wrong (i may have done something wrong ?)

looked it up for you

Quote Originally Posted by Nasa Rally Sport Rule book 2015 found online
    1.5.18 New Competitor
    Means a member of a competing crew who has participated as a
    competitor in less than three stage Rallies.
    you've done 4 stage events, you are not a new competitor you don't need to go to the NCO

had you done less than 4 , you would be, and there would be no wavier (well maybe there could be.. but why?)

that was my thinking. you've done less then 4 and are New, and then hey man don't ask for a waiver just go.

lol next time i won't try to help and notice the post that went un-noticed... lol no good deed goes unpunished and all that

here's where i found the definition for new competitor under 1.5.18 . don't just believing some good meaning jerk on the internet, verify it for yourself :
    http://nasarallysport.com/rules-form...ctions-1-2.pdf

Last edited by A1337STI; 01-19-2015 at 02:33 PM. Reason: i'm a jerk, but i mean well :)
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

Sorry I didn't mean to come off as sarcastic lol, I was just wondering if you had some insider information I didn't have... Seems like a lot of that going around lately

Thanks though I did see that in the nasa rule book. Somewhere else though (can't find it right now for some reason) I swore it said a new nasa license holder has to attend the meeting unless a waiver is obtained.

Edit: found it, also in sandblast supps.

4.12 Accepted Licenses
    All competitors, without exception, must currently be issued either:
     a NASA Rally Sport Competition License
     a CARS regional or CARS national rally license
    Competitors purchasing a NASA Rally Sport license for the first time, or who have attended fewer than three Novice Competitor Orientations (NCOs), will need to attend the NCO, which is detailed in Section 22.

I guess I read that as fewer than three (NASA) NCOs
    Last edited by themxracer121; 01-19-2015 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anders Green View Post
    Yup.

1) No street legal 2 strokes are being made.
    2) "But I can register a blah blah blah" Yeah, maybe so... but rangers hate hearing them in their forests so that's not a fight we're gonna fight and we don't want to be responsible for verifying some wacky semi-legal or maybe used to be legal bike is actually still legal.
    3) There's no shortage of affordable, fast, capable four stroke bikes.
    4) And if you already have a 2 stroke bike, there's LOTS of other places you can race it.

There's your short answer. We'll cover this again in a year.

Anders
    ktm and gasgas both make street legal two strokes and what about older two strokes that are street legal?

i'm not trying to pock the bear or stir the pot, just asking

NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!! Anders Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tdrrally View Post
    ktm and gasgas both make street legal two strokes
    I know people have been talking about making those... but show me a link to such a bike on either ktm.com/us/ or gasgas.com where such a bike is available for sale in the US.

and what about older two strokes that are street legal?
    You're talking about 40 year old enduro bikes. If people really wanted to ride those, there would be an active market for them in dual sporting, but I don't see one.

Anders
    NASA Rally Sport Director
    Your question is probably answered in Rally University.

400 flat to crest
    2007 S.126th ST. Seattle, WA. 98168, USA.

I know people have been talking about making those... but show me a link to such a bike on either ktm.com/us/ or gasgas.com where such a bike is available for sale in the US.

You're talking about 40 year old enduro bikes. If people really wanted to ride those, there would be an active market for them in dual sporting, but I don't see one.

Anders
    Jus cause they'ze are 35 year old or 40 year old bike duddn't mean you haz to BANZ them....

Jus sayin'....

'member what I was saying about "Dubya Arsey" Monte Carlo with 60 entries and Classic Monte with 300+?

Classics! Don't be hatin the classics!
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle, WA, USA
    www.rallyrace.net/jvab
    www.rallyanarchy.com

Telephone +1 206 431 9696
    Rememeber the time zone difference

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Anders
    they are factory road legal, owner would need to add better lights.
    i worked at a ktm shop we sold 20+ bikes a year that became tagged
    ktm and gasgas both have no branding for off road only on the title , so a 300xc or xcw as an example is a matter of paying for a tag
    i personally have dualsport converted 6 bikes

http://www.vaq34.com/junk/300_ktm_streeetbike_001.jpg

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=769065

NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!! Anders Green's Avatar

i worked at a ktm shop we sold 20+ bikes a year that became tagged
    This is where I quote myself:
    Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    2) "But I can register a blah blah blah" Yeah, maybe so... but rangers hate hearing them in their forests so that's not a fight we're gonna fight and we don't want to be responsible for verifying some wacky semi-legal or maybe used to be legal bike is actually still legal.
    It's extra work. We're all volunteers. The market of those converted bikes is tiny. I already have nearly more motorcycles than I can handle. It's just not worth it.

Anders
    NASA Rally Sport Director
    Your question is probably answered in Rally University.