Hello from Taiwan

Thread: Hello from Taiwan

Default Hello from Taiwan

Hi everyone. I used to do a little rally racing back in Taiwan. I moved to USA about 3yrs ago for college. Now im thinking to go back to rally racing but I have no idea how things work in here. I bought myself a 4wd old evo now what should i do next?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

400 flat to crest
    2007 S.126th ST. Seattle, WA. 98168, USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Formosa kid View Post
    Hi everyone. I used to do a little rally racing back in Taiwan. I moved to USA about 3yrs ago for college. Now im thinking to go back to rally racing but I have no idea how things work in here. I bought myself a 4wd old evo now what should i do next?

You ever read HanHan's Blogs (韩寒博客) or stories of his rally in PRC? I suggest you read all about what he says on the importants of pretty girls..
    US rally needs more pretty girls and the one event I was at a few years ago (PRC GroupA 1600 road race National Championship and Hong Kong Open 1600 Finals at Zuhhai) clearly there is a big overflowing of pretty girls there...

If you (or the others here) don't know Han han heres' a little link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_Han

Next thing is to drive the Evo....and move someplace where cars don't rust so you can be in on the next big trend in American rally: going back to roots...

Many people who have already wasted obscene amounts of money only to find that the thrill wasn't in proportion to the costs of full spec turbo AWD cars hgave go back to roots of rally and built nice simple fun 2wd cars, and the smart ones have all gone RWD..

You have a name? You can call me Zhang Wei Han or if you want just 老-John Where are you in MI? There's people that might be happy to show you what's happening if we know a bit about you.

Pardon for asking but how are you thinking of paying for a car, and what level do you want to play at?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle, WA, USA
    www.rallyrace.net/jvab
    www.rallyanarchy.com

Telephone +1 206 431 9696
    Rememeber the time zone difference

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Uh Oh, UH OH, UHH OHHH!!! johnhuebbe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Formosa kid View Post
    Come to SnoDrift and volunteer

http://www.sno-drift.org/
    Behold the POWER of cheese! www.huebberally.com
    Organizer: 100aw.org & perryville.100aw.org/ | Rally Cars: 1970 VW Beetle & 1991 Subaru Legacy

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by John Vanlandingham View Post
    You ever read HanHan's Blogs (韩寒博客) or stories of his rally in PRC? I suggest you read all about what he says on the importants of pretty girls..
    US rally needs more pretty girls and the one event I was at a few years ago (PRC GroupA 1600 road race National Championship and Hong Kong Open 1600 Finals at Zuhhai) clearly there is a big overflowing of pretty girls there...

If you (or the others here) don't know Han han heres' a little link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_Han

Next thing is to drive the Evo....and move someplace where cars don't rust so you can be in on the next big trend in American rally: going back to roots...

Many people who have already wasted obscene amounts of money only to find that the thrill wasn't in proportion to the costs of full spec turbo AWD cars hgave go back to roots of rally and built nice simple fun 2wd cars, and the smart ones have all gone RWD..

You have a name? You can call me Zhang Wei Han or if you want just 老-John Where are you in MI? There's people that might be happy to show you what's happening if we know a bit about you.

Pardon for asking but how are you thinking of paying for a car, and what level do you want to play at?
    Im thinking to go pro and make a living but seems like impossible in here too. lol

Im just wondering do i need a license in here to race or I can just drive my car to event with my 0 experience co driver?

Quote Originally Posted by johnhuebbe View Post
    Come to SnoDrift and volunteer

http://www.sno-drift.org/
    ya~ill be attending this year as volunteer. I bet its gonna be really cold

Read this (at least twice): http://nasarallysport.com/main/Rally-University

Read all of it. (At least twice).

Two (soon to be three) choices for racing: Rally America, NASA Rally Sport, and USRA. The later is a bit of an unknown right now, so I'm going to leave it out.
    You can't race your fancy new-to-you turbocharged Evo in Rally America as a novice unless you can apply for, and be granted a waiver. In NASA land, they don't care what car you start out in. The good news is that NASA accepts logbooks for cars built to RA rules. (There is no reciprocity the other way).

So, step 1) apply for a waiver if you're serious about racing in RA. If not there, then come on out to NASA events.

Edit: And regarding "going pro", your best bet is to avoid stepping foot in the car and instead focus on being a rally mechanic. There are more paid mechanics than there are drivers in the US. (And the number of them that are truly dedicated to rally is VERY VERY small). Rally here is a hobby, despite what the image is you may have seen.
    Last edited by EricW; 01-02-2015 at 03:25 PM.
    Eric Wages
    Dirty Rallysport / facebook.com/dirtyrallysport / youtube.com/dirtyrallysport
    K1WRX
    2014 Sponsors: Innovative Tuning | KNS Brakes | Exhale Performance | Triple Caution | RallyTools

North America Cage Builder's Map

Thank you. Now I got something to read on so I know how things work in here