SOLD - 1996 STi Type RA EJ207 V8 - Stage 1 (Tuned)
Description: 1996 Subaru STi Type RA - 148k, powered by EJ207 Version 8 Twin-scroll motor - 63k (15k proven DD/Racing reliability after swap).
This car has been my DD/Auto-x/Rally-cross car for several years. It is tastefully modified underneath for competition purposes. With all performance modifications there is a limit to how long you can keep it useable as a DD car. Considering that I have 2 kids that I drive daily I have reached this limit long time ago. I would like to sell this RA to a person who can possibly take it all the way (cage, seats, harness) and use it for its designed purpose - Rally.
Here is a list of performance modifications:
- Engine EJ207 Version 8 Twin-scroll, ECU, All wiring professionally merged by i-Wire (15k)
- GD intake and perrin turbo inlet
- All samco hoses
- All greenline spring clamps
- STi Spec-C 13:1 Quick Steering rack and complete front subframe (2k)
- AN fittings, Braided steering lines. (1k)
- Every single bushing and balljoint, linkage front of firewall from Whiteline (Race type) (1k)
- New front axles (2k)
- KYB Adjustable Suspension (45k)
- All Group-N suspension mounts (10k)
- All Group-N engine and transmission mounts (10k)
- Eibach performance springs (10k)
- Whiteline front and rear adjustable swaybars (22mm) (45k)
- Whiteline swaybar rear mounts (10k)
- Bunch of Whiteline rear suspension bushings (some are mounted some are waiting for the OEMs to wear out but I have them in spare parts bin)
- OMP WRC Black leather with red marker steering wheel (like new)
- OEM Fogs
- Many other upgrades that I forgot. Ask for details.
Extra parts (Free):
- JDM GC trunk (the OEM one has a dent)
- GD Power Steering pump (needs rear main o-ring, all other o-rings are brand new Buna-N Encapsulated)
- OEM Red stitched STi Steering wheel
- Complete working AC system for both GC and GD (The car has AC delete right now)
- Modified center console for extra gauge
- SVX remanufactured rear axles and a matching conversion kit (Rear axles occasionally click under extreme stress)
- OEM STi fog light covers
- Box of misc parts I haven't yet gone through
- Summer and wither tires on OEM goldies
Extra parts ($$$):
- 6x 17x7 5x100 sillver O.Z. Superlegera's (3 are sand-blasted and need clear coat or colour) - $100/finished - $50/unfinished. All centres included.
NOTE: The wheels are only sold with the car.
Replaced at the time of swap:
- Timing belt kit
- Intake to heads gaskets
- Throttle body gasket
- Turbo to downpipe gasket
- Injectors cleaned and balanced
- Thermostat and gasket
- Low profile KOYO radiator
- Super low profile Mishimoto fan shroud
- Flywheel re-surface
- Exedy stage 1 kit
- Group-N pitch mount
- Whiteline Front Roll Center Adjustment Kit
- Whiteline Front Inner Lower Control Arm Bushing
- Custom GC/GD radiator shroud
- Rocker cover gaskets
- This is a Type RA model (No ABS, No power windows, No power locks, No radio. The car is build for competition purposes.)
- The car has been tuned by Airboy in Calgary to Stage 1 @ 241AWHP (Shell 91). Considering this car weighs only 1190 kgs it performs unbelievably. The engine has an amazing potential and is known to reach power in 400's.
- The paint will need attention in some time. Some surface rust in the bottom of front quarters/wheel wells
- On cars arrival from Japan there was absolutely no rust under the car. The car has been detailed and rust/chipping proofed underneath to ensure years of service before first winter in Canada.
More info upon request.
Location of seller: Calgary
Price: $11,900 (negotiable)
Last edited by SausageCat; 01-31-2015 at 06:00 PM.