Sno*Drift / RA season news - Page 21
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Sno*Drift / RA season news

Smile

Just threw the snows on the car for the first time (we've been light on the white stuff in STPR country); managed to find some deep enough snow pockets to partly fill the fog light pods. Bodes well for Sno-Drift! Two days left to complete my long rally worker "prep list", and then drive through the night to MI -- kind of sounds like most rally teams... Good to hear about the possibility of some snow! Heading on up on Thursday along with some STPR sweep workers, working with PRIMO (unless Barb has other plans, lol).
    Last edited by DatsunZguy; 01-27-2015 at 05:12 PM.
    Dave Moore - KB3IEC, STPR Comm. Co-Chief, rally worker, '02 WRX Wagon + '03 Forester, "once upon a time" Datsun Z owner - go RWD!, too poor to race ... Blessings to all!
    "Do not vomit on the finish control workers." (his emphasis) From the section on motion sickness in "North American Performance Rally Codriving" by Dave Shindle.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

I'll be heading up Thursday morn from Akron and stopping in Detroit to pick up Gingrich. Should be in Atlanta by about 6 PM.
    Paul Jaeger
    KC8YRY
    PRIMO Stage Crews
    For a good time call PRIMO

You'll have a new toy to play with at controls. We are bringing our start clocks that John Huebbe built for us at 100AW last year. I think you'll like them a lot more than the old Heuer's.
    See you at the captains meeting.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Rally-America has no updates at 11:45PM Eastern? Again, ZIP! http://rally-america.com/events/2015/SNODRIFT/news
    The Sno-Drift site points back to Rally-America's for 'Rally Updates'.
    I found results with a mere 12 national entries - of which only ten are still running. http://rally-america.com/events/2015/SNODRIFT/results
    No info on the regional competition - also know as "the other 22 entries".
    So that's all we get after the first day of competition has ended?!

I'm not posting this out of disrespect to the workers and hard working organizers of Sno*Drift. It's a wonderful event. Your efforts keep the event going.

Now then, if Rally-America wants to be the best of the best and the premier sanctioning body in the U.S. and post updates in a timely manner, thereby making it possible to follow along at home and interest (or keep) manufacturers and any sponsors.... um, well... they ain't doing a very good job of it.

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by comicozzie; 01-30-2015 at 09:20 PM.
    Jerry Winker
    ComicOzzie Autosport Photography
    www.comicozzie.com

50 caution yump

Come on, it's not that hard to navigate, it's the way it's been for years. Regional are their own events. Sno* rally and Drift rally.

http://rally-america.com/events/2015/SNO
    #542 - 1991 Subaru Legacy Open Class

Quote Originally Posted by MConte05 View Post
    Come on, it's not that hard to navigate, it's the way it's been for years. Regional are their own events. Sno* rally and Drift rally.

http://rally-america.com/events/2015/SNO
    Thanks. It was blank 25 minutes ago when I checked. Time is now 12:10AM on Saturday.
    Jerry Winker
    ComicOzzie Autosport Photography
    www.comicozzie.com

50 caution yump

I was looking at scores this afternoon after the 1st loop, they were getting them in right after teams were checking into first service around 4pm.

I was actually kind of surprised they showed up quickly!
    #542 - 1991 Subaru Legacy Open Class

It's time for a sexy party! Joe Average's Avatar

They don't post live scoring as the competitors finish the stage?

That's right. I run CRS events with True Live Scoring. I forgot how the rest of the Country updates events.

Sorry.
    Sean Gallagher
    2WD Less Traction....More Action!

Scoring is behind about 30 minutes

100 oversquare right

Don't forget this web site. Very good to be able to see national and regional combined (which is what most of us want to see).
    http://www.daronhume.com/rally/combine.php5