Sno*Drift / RA season news - Page 20
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Sno*Drift / RA season news

On Bonfire Alley, to be able to feel the heatwave from a gas bomb come thru the rallycar's bodywork and your Nomex was amazing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 oversquare right

that just sounds like an Epic experience to have.. hopefully everyone can pick up after themselves enough to keep it going
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

100 K right 4

In the addition to the gas bombs, also using fires to warm and illuminate, usually multiple exposures of naked butts and breasts along the sides of the stage. Keith's words capture it well "absolutely surreal, and a bit distracting".

The multiple distractions gave drivers one more set of excuses to stuff and co drivers one more set to get lost in the notes.

Certainly one not to be forgotten stage as a small but memorable part of a great event.

Jim

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 oversquare right

"One of these years" i want to run snow drift. esp because i was Raised in Michigan.. though i was too lame back then to know how cool cars and racing was... Now i'm in Reno,nv but i have family in Michigan ... need to figure out some sorta plan christmass trip to drive my crap out there, leave it at my parents, fly in my wife and kids and everyone flies back or something and maybe do 100 AW as part of the return trip ...

or something ...

car is broken right now, and the wife is pregnant ... yep i see a lot of Keyboard rallying in my future
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

Quote Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
    SD spectator guide is posted. http://www.rally-america.com/VenueFi...or_Guide_1.pdf
    I find it peculiar that it says "no fires" on the first page but there are more camp fires up there than all the other rallies combined. I've seen speccies start a new fire mere feet away from another one. I guess they don't like to share fires. Then they just walk away after the stage and leave us marshals to put em out.

"Campfire squelching" duty seems to be one of the standard jobs of closing a stage at night... At least it's easier to see banner tape (sometimes) in the light of the fire, but it does add work and time. Lack of personal responsibility does seem to be an ever increasing issue.
    Dave Moore - KB3IEC, STPR Comm. Co-Chief, rally worker, '02 WRX Wagon + '03 Forester, "once upon a time" Datsun Z owner - go RWD!, too poor to race ... Blessings to all!
    "Do not vomit on the finish control workers." (his emphasis) From the section on motion sickness in "North American Performance Rally Codriving" by Dave Shindle.

I guess I was vague with the first post. I wasn't referring to bonfire alley, which has all the fires on private land. Was referring to spec. areas where someone will start a camp fire within minutes of arriving and the next group will start another 15 ft away... I've worked spec. areas up there several times and we always have to spend time knocking down the fires with what snow we can find, etc. You try to tell them but most don't seem to care as it's so dark you don't know who you're talking to. Just one reason I prefer not to marshal spec. areas and prefer controls. Will see you up there on stages 3,7,11,16.

100 K right 4

Quote Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
    Unless there are no banks. What's the saying up there - winter roads, summer ditches.
    Looks like I'm working that long stage - fun.
    And Greg, we are only the day before trout season this year. No staying at Montauk for you.
    No! Getting there was half the fun. Plus I didn't have to reserve a room until a week before the rally.
    'If I give you an extra minute I'll have to give one to everybody'

Last years spectator guide said no fires too.

Now if we could just get some of the eastern seaboard snow to head to Michigan...
    Dave Moore - KB3IEC, STPR Comm. Co-Chief, rally worker, '02 WRX Wagon + '03 Forester, "once upon a time" Datsun Z owner - go RWD!, too poor to race ... Blessings to all!
    "Do not vomit on the finish control workers." (his emphasis) From the section on motion sickness in "North American Performance Rally Codriving" by Dave Shindle.

100 K right 2

Friday night stages are going to be cold cold cold. Looks like 3-4F before wind chill. Saturday looks positively balmy in the low 20's by the afternoon and still in the high teens for Bonfire Ally. Should be getting 1-3 inches of fresh snow Thursday, then nothing new until after its all over on Sunday.