RWD vs. FWD, which is a good lead into AWD? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RWD vs. FWD, which is a good lead into AWD?

"Rough Kink" into Left 2 364seehorn's Avatar

I have an idea, buy a "no wheel drive" car... or otherwise known as jogging. You'd be better off than reading though all this jargon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 oversquare right

well jogging counts as stock 2 class.. unless you've had hip/knee/foot/etc replacement surgery and then you are in Open 2 ....
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

50 caution yump

I can say... that the reason people quit after 1, 2, or 3 rallys has nothing to do with the type of car they started off with unless it was a budget crusher. I'm pretty sure I started off with an easy slow car and never once thought man this boring, i'm waay to awesome for this car i'm just going to hang it up.

Most people quit because they realize the finanical and time investment required to keep pursuing the sport.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

czwalga nailed it, it's not because they don't want to continue, but the cost of trailering to events, both in terms of fuel cost and time, is a sport killer. Smaller more regional/localized events would keep people involved. Of course cost would need to be kept bare bones to allow entry of 12-14 cars to keep them viable, and they would need to be done in a manner that required fewer volunteers as well.

"Rough Kink" into Left 2 364seehorn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A1337STI View Post
    well jogging counts as stock 2 class.. unless you've had hip/knee/foot/etc replacement surgery and then you are in Open 2 ....
    Well crap that puts me into open 2 then because I have 13 pins and 2 plates in my right hip from a nasty high-side during a rain motorcycle road-race. It definitely doesnt help me go faster, somedays it hurts like hell.

don't cut

Ouch.

100 oversquare right

open 2 with a Restrictor installed. Very Ouch!

... and ya the finances zaps people out of the sport. though if they were having More fun would those who leave the sport stay?

how much budget reduction would they need to stay ?
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

don't cut

FWD on the overall podium at LSPR!! Congrats to ACP and Ole Holter ..pretty neat stuff.

Jct Motorsports &Collision

Well ,I have had only 2 wd cars. One RWD first car a German V6 Capri . Then a Grp 2 Golf now a Grp 5 Eclipse .For me its FWD . That's my choice. But my real question . What class is beating Cancer twice and surviving a bone marrow transplant . What class is that? Thanks guys.

100 oversquare right

Exhibition class , 2 leg drive