How is everyone in the Southeast doing? are we starved for events? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How is everyone in the Southeast doing? are we starved for events?

I drove Fishing Creek rd this weekend and it was the smoothest/least rutted that I've ever seen it, fantastic conditions as fallen leaves haven't completely covered it yet so there was still some traction.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Zero Cents!

Fishing Creek was full of holes the last time I was down it this spring, so perhaps it's better in the fall. It's also not that long of a section, and would have a lot of considerations due to it's close proximity to the creek in places other than just the crossings. Don, think of the 3 "water crossings" as low water bridges ala RWV, but with actual water running over them. I highly doubt the Conservancy would be OK with the idea of car-in-water type situations.

You "Hill Climb" road is a bit short, and not very challenging corner wise. The last time I was out that way it was also closed excepting construction traffic.

Most of the rest of what is over that way is fairly densely populated, tarmac stuff. Which means even if you COULD get Fishing Creek, you're now talking a mixed surface event.

Don, Ifound a few more gravel sections (though larger gravel, less packed dirt/mud of fishing creek) , yesterday when checking the roads. My co worker got some video of fishing creek as well. I'm taking the conversation regarding these for use off sight though.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Yeah we reeaallyy need rally to get started down here in south Alabama. You could hold an entire championship with all of the roads down here to use as stages. I don't know if a lot of local people would join but it would sure bring a lot of spectators.

NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!! Anders Green's Avatar
    Last edited by Anders Green; 05-10-2016 at 09:54 PM.
    NASA Rally Sport Director
    Your question is probably answered in Rally University.

So does that mean I can plan weddings now? Wonder how much they make?

Uh Oh, UH OH, UHH OHHH!!! johnhuebbe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
    So does that mean I can plan weddings now? Wonder how much they make?
    A wedding planner makes money. The same can't be said about us Curt
    Behold the POWER of cheese! www.huebberally.com
    Organizer: 100aw.org & perryville.100aw.org/ | Rally Cars: 1970 VW Beetle & 1991 Subaru Legacy

NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!! Anders Green's Avatar

Obviously you need to find someone who's ordained and get them to work at TC0.
    NASA Rally Sport Director
    Your question is probably answered in Rally University.

100 K left 2

I have been looking at a car owned by a guy in VT, the New England Hillclimb Association runs about 8 event a year....there is some expertise! and no reason it cant be done in TN, VA, WV, KY as well....

Quote Originally Posted by johnhuebbe View Post
    A wedding planner makes money. The same can't be said about us Curt
    I wasn't referring to rally organizing but the thought that I'm now qualified to do something besides pharmacy. I'll tell em Anders said so.