How is everyone in the Southeast doing? are we starved for events?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How is everyone in the Southeast doing? are we starved for events?

100 K left 2

Default How is everyone in the Southeast doing? are we starved for events?

Hello fellow Southerners. Hello fellow Easterners( is this a word? It is now).

Just dropping by, maybe start a conversation or two.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 K left 2

Yeah still needing events in kentucky but most people rather drive left a 1000 times lol

100 K left 2

...I wonder if some sort of petition could be made to get some sort of hillclimbs or rally events in the Appalachian mountain area of Tennessee could get some momentum.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 K left 2

Yea man i wished there was but you most ppl in our area is all about drag racing and dirt track which is sad but if you start a petition im def down for that.

NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!! Anders Green's Avatar

Kentucky? Find out who owns this:
    https://www.google.com/maps/@37.5729.../data=!3m1!1e3

HQ in Prestonburg or Bonnyman depending on politics.

Anders
    NASA Rally Sport Director
    Your question is probably answered in Rally University.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight-113 View Post
    ...I wonder if some sort of petition could be made to get some sort of hillclimbs or rally events in the Appalachian mountain area of Tennessee could get some momentum.
    That's not how events happen. They happen when motivated people get together and organize them. Saying "somebody should" start a rally or hillclimb is like saying somebody should be give me $5000.
    You build it and they will come

Quote Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
    That's not how events happen. They happen when motivated people get together and organize them. Saying "somebody should" start a rally or hillclimb is like saying somebody should be give me $5000.
    Well Curt, a petition along with $50K might get an organizer going??? Just not sure who the petition would be sent to??
    Dave Weiman
    rallydave at pobox dot com

100 K left 2

Quote Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
    Too bad I don't know where to start! I bet emailing NASA or the SCCA and asking what it takes to run an event, or forming a new one would net some info and show some interest. Who knows, with some encouragement, and people willing to help run it, I'm sure a new event or two could eventually be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight-113 View Post
    Too bad I don't know where to start! I bet emailing NASA or the SCCA and asking what it takes to run an event, or forming a new one would net some info and show some interest. Who knows, with some encouragement, and people willing to help run it, I'm sure a new event or two could eventually be here.
    All depends on what you are trying to set up; performance rally or rallycross?? scca does rallycross but, not performance rally, nasa and RA do performance rally but, not rallycross. Check out the nasa rally website and you will find rally in a box which will tell lyou how to do a simple rallysprint which is more like performance than rallycross. That is how you start. By the way, you first need people to plan it before worrying about people running it and best if the people are local with others driving in to help on the day of the event.

Have you been to any rally events?? That's where you have to start to see what they are all about and cultivate experienced people to help. Traveling to events is normal so not all local. Do your homework before e-mailing people or petitions. Get out to several events and see how much work you are setting yourself up for. They don't just happen, takes a lot of planning and at least a year or more for a first event.

By the way, the last couple of Rally Tennessee's took place a little south of Nashville so the Tarmac roads are there and the people were fairly happy, needed more local participation so get in touch with Anders Green who put those on and sure he has a ton of info on the event. Start now going to some events and talking to Anders and hopefully by late 2015 or 2016 you might have an event. Don't try to go too fast, lots of planning before you can put on an event especially for people without any experience and just the wanting to have it happen. Lots of money up front and you have to be prepared to put some of your own money in since most rallies have a hard time covering necessary expenses.
    Last edited by rallydave; 08-24-2014 at 04:02 PM.
    Dave Weiman
    rallydave at pobox dot com

I'm sure Anders would give you or anyone willing to revive Rally TN everything they would ever need to know. He'd probably even wrap it up nice with a big bow on top Somebody needs to revive that one.