Buying my first helmet. What do you recommend? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying my first helmet. What do you recommend?

Wow, there's a lot more options in Europe for rally hats now.
    And finding places to try on helmets isn't as easy as it sounds. There's what, maybe 5-6 places in the whole US that stock them? Even road race helmets aren't stocked too many places either. Just be willing to send it back and get a different size/brand if need be.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

My helmet is an open face costing around $175 is going expire this December so I'm hoping to save up and get the Stilo WRC but that depends on what's needed for the Mini LOL
    Cheers,

Chris

Rally Mini Cooper JCW #37: Sponsors EBC brakes,Muflas Sicar,Fortech CR, G oil CR, Minigearboxes UK

i wanna go fast.

Hello Guys, not sure if this helps, but I know at our local circuit race track at NJMP they are a bell dealer, and various other saftey is sold there. You can pic up seats, HANS, belts, etc. Try calling a local track and see if they have a track store that sells this kind of stuff, you might have some luck! Our local track is NJMP which is is New Jersey.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Uh Oh, UH OH, UHH OHHH!!! johnhuebbe's Avatar

Your best bet is to go to a rally and ask to try on helmets from competitors (tech, parc expose, finish, etc...) I'd let you try mine on. I'm sure others would as well.

I've found that most helmets are spot on with the sizes. Measure your head with a tape.
    Behold the POWER of cheese! www.huebberally.com
    Organizer: 100aw.org & perryville.100aw.org/ | Rally Cars: 1970 VW Beetle & 1991 Subaru Legacy