The Best of the Best - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Best of the Best

Quote Originally Posted by John Sundelin View Post
    I also want to thank the organizers and volunteers for a great event. I was really impressed the organization of the event. Plus, it was a stroke of genius to put the HQ right down the street from a Tractor Supply, and the weather was nice too! OK, I realize that my definition of balmy is different than most... The reason that I started with the comments on the organization is that I've always figured that if you have a safe event with good roads, people are willing to overlook some "not so little" things, but there weren't any of those that I could see, and the roads were so fantastic that it could make up for a lot (I'll trust everyone who says that the Cow Mountain roads are even better than Walker Ridge, because I would rate Walker Ridge with the old OTR roads as among the best I've ever driven). For people who think they might like to try it, I seriously recommend going. This past weekend should not have been fun. My car wasn't really ready, I blew a head gasket, I had to tow over 1400 miles in California (which is quite distinct from towing 1400 miles in almost every other state), and the alternator in my truck quit working. I still had a great weekend and will go back.

--
    John
    John, as I said before, it was an impressive display watching that little Focus charge down the mountain. You guys had that thing more sideways than most of the AWD cars! Hope to see you out there next year, and more importantly, on both days!

-Brian

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

The Scorpion King John Sundelin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru View Post
    John, as I said before, it was an impressive display watching that little Focus charge down the mountain. You guys had that thing more sideways than most of the AWD cars! Hope to see you out there next year, and more importantly, on both days!

-Brian
    Thanks! It felt like we were tiptoeing down the mountain on a pair of skis! Here is the in-car of the last two miles of SS1. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to reposition the camera after I added the new piece of cage padding to the front bar.
    http://www.suosalmirallysport.com/in...R_SS1_tail.mov