Special Stage Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

"O" Rally Forester

9K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  jazlaansam 
#1 ·
New here,Hello.

Working on a 1998 Forester swap. I will be using a old project that was never finished. The donner is a JDM 1994 Impresa Sti. Been working on the the harness swap. What a pain.

Having said that I will start seeing if I can get the door stuff to work ,mirrors,windows. You ask why? Well it their and it should work !

The coil of wires , I still need to get too ! It was a mounting thing. You know cut once thing ! LOL

Looking for input and any help .

Randy

See less See more
#2 ·
Today, installed the steering wheel. (makes it way-easer to steer).I installed the clutch cylinder . Started on the struts.

Also tested ride height? Looks like I can make it work with a 12" x 2 1/2" spring of 300# ? What do you think ? The gray is the stand-in spring. Its 2 1/2" Electric PVC. Also helps with the scaling of the chassis. When your as cheep as me. Trying to keep the spring I can't use down. LOL

Struts are Impreza AGX. Lots of mods to make them work.

Randy

#3 ·
For today I pulled the motor, rapped the exhaust (lost the top cover when I cut the pipe!) with temp cover and 3 layers of Alum. rap. Didn't want to melt the P/S hoses. Cut down the stand rear leg by 1 3/8". Reinstalled the motor (stand worked just fine now) ! Pulled the exhaust header and reinstalled come clamps missing from inside the heat cover.Installed the drive shaft and covers. And also started installing the front A frames.

The new shocks got here and 2 are good and 2 are the wrong ones ! Its always the ones I need ! Going to do a mock up with pvc tubing to get the weights at the coners and then order springs.

I will install the rear struts and the maybe plug the motor into the harness and see what works ? Hope things go well ??

Maybe I will start work on a catback ?

Randy

#4 ·
Still have some things to finish but looks like a test start Sat. ? Need to build a P/S cooler. And the other shocks got here today. All I need are the springs. Monday?

Maybe its time to start looking for some Sti. stickers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.