CoDrivers - Emergency Procedures / Tips - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CoDrivers - Emergency Procedures / Tips

For night stage I've always use headlamp, mostly because they are hand free, they fit in your helmet, if you need to change a tire you have already something to help you, and goods one come with different intensity and sometimes color.

Hubert Gaudreau
    Vice-President
    Club Auto Sport La Licorne
    Facebook Group
    Codriver
    Fable Rally Team

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Itinerant Co-Driver

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowImg View Post
    As it's been mentioned a few times now - how do HANS devices get stuck on anything? I'm trying to imagine how mine could get snagged on a cage or anything and I can't quite come to any conclusion as to how it could. Since it's just a U shaped hunk of polycarbonate attached to my helmet - mine can't really move on my neck. Is it one of the "legs" that comes down over the chest getting snagged somehow?
    In that case, it was the back piece getting caught on the main hoop.

My HANS device is one of the ones with the larger rectangular back piece, not the newer ones that are semicircular. That might make a difference.

Also, is that a kite string attached to your time card?
    That was Mark's seat belt cutter. It's a handle thing with a recessed blade on the other side.

Twas I hung inverted in the 'I hate this flunking sport!' video. Was the tombstone part of HANS stuck on something on roof after I released my harnesses, main hoop perhaps. The video caught the attention of HANS engineers who were calling me and perhaps the video spurred a redesign.
    Dave Shindle/Navitron 2000

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Two petzl headlmps looped around cage within reach of navvie. .... Remain calm. .... It is amazing how much you can get done in less than a minute - running on adrenaline - with a mild concussion. ...

R4Vlg>TREE

Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    Two petzl headlmps looped around cage within reach of navvie. .... Remain calm. .... It is amazing how much you can get done in less than a minute - running on adrenaline - with a mild concussion. ...
    Yeah I think all the answers come down to having a storage bag/unit attached in the car in reach. It is amazing how fast you can move, but that same adrenaline that lets you do it also makes you dumb as the tree you just hit. I recall "durrr how do I make triangle from plastic thing" as I was standing there.

straight at T

And whatever you do, have two lights. If you stop with a mechanical problem it is guaranteed that your driver will steal your primary light to look under the hood. You need a spare so that you can safely set the triangle.

Adrian

NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!! Anders Green's Avatar

If Anders is listening, these kind of veteran tips are great for the Rally University. I love that thing.
    Since you asked, I wrote up a little something with pieces of the info from this thread. Thank you for being the spark!

http://www.nasarallysport.com/main/w...hen_it_is_dark

I'm glad you're liking Rally University. It makes the time put into it worthwhile. Spread it around, I'm hoping it makes it easier for other folks to get started in rally.

Anders
    NASA Rally Sport Director
    Your question is probably answered in Rally University.

100 K left 2

My girlfriend just regaled me with having nearly garroted herself on the intercom cable escaping from a burning car... So don't forget to unplug! Also, be prepared for full on ass grabs while the other person in the car hoists you out.

Eric Grochowski has a not so funny story about intercom cables.

His helmet intercom cable was one of those that's coiled and springy like a telephone cord, unlike the standard Peltor cable which is straight. He hopped out of his car, forgetting to unplug the cable and was brought up short when he reached the end of the tether. Just as he turned around to look back to see what the problem was, the cable unplugged itself and came zinging back into his face. The heavy plug on the end of the cable smacked him square in the eye, which then immediately swelled up tight. He had to drive the rest of the rally using only one eye, finishing with a nasty swollen black eye like somebody had punched him.

At least that's the story he told. Maybe Leanne actually did punch him?

R4Vlg>TREE

Let's be honest, there's two good take-aways from that. One is don't use coiled intercom connectors, and the other is don't piss your co-driver off.