Interior car cleaning tips (post event)

Thread: Interior car cleaning tips (post event)

Default Interior car cleaning tips (post event)

As I sit here cleaning the interior of my car with a sponge and a bucket of (muddy) water in an attempt to get the dirt/mud out of all of the nooks and crannies, I've been thinking: There HAS to be an easier way.

Anyone figured out a good way to "pick up" dirt? A straight vacuum won't get it out, so it needs some liquid assistance.

Thoughts?

-E
    Eric Wages
    Dirty Rallysport / facebook.com/dirtyrallysport / youtube.com/dirtyrallysport
    K1WRX
    2014 Sponsors: Innovative Tuning | KNS Brakes | Exhale Performance | Triple Caution | RallyTools

North America Cage Builder's Map

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 K right 4

I seen team Subaru using a 2.5 gal pump style weed killer tank to clean the out side of there car. That seems like it could work good on interior also. I like the westle's bleche wite tire cleaner, that stuff seems to work good on every thing.
    31 Motorsports LLC
    3010 Fenner St
    Marlette, MI 48453
    (989) 635-3100
    Used Subaru parts
    Ebay store 31motor sales

100 oversquare right bentmettle's Avatar

put the car up on ramps so it tilts to one direction or the other.

I use a mix of hoses, nylon brushes and soap mitts to scrub dirt off. Water rinse, wet vac to suck it all out. Touch up dry with a shot of air.

Must work. My car consistently gets comments about it's extraordinary appearance.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bentmettle View Post
    put the car up on ramps so it tilts to one direction or the other.

I use a mix of hoses, nylon brushes and soap mitts to scrub dirt off. Water rinse, wet vac to suck it all out. Touch up dry with a shot of air.

Must work. My car consistently gets comments about it's extraordinary appearance.
    Interior?
    Eric Wages
    Dirty Rallysport / facebook.com/dirtyrallysport / youtube.com/dirtyrallysport
    K1WRX
    2014 Sponsors: Innovative Tuning | KNS Brakes | Exhale Performance | Triple Caution | RallyTools

North America Cage Builder's Map

100 oversquare right bentmettle's Avatar

Interior Yes. You tllt the car so your mud water goes somewhere away from the spot you just washed. If your wash bucket water looks muddy, dump it and start over.

Nylon brush it while it's dry and most of the crap should come loose into the vac- finish wet.
    Last edited by bentmettle; 02-17-2014 at 06:29 PM.

I just power wash mine and then use the shop vac to suck the water out. Blow gun to dry around the seams and its done. No need to show up to a rally with a chicken coop.
    P. Ferreira

100 K right 4

I like the ramp idea. Ive been doing the power wash thing like Cosworth. Seems to work ok. little harder to keep dirt out of the stuff you dont want wet,more dirty like seats and dash.
    31 Motorsports LLC
    3010 Fenner St
    Marlette, MI 48453
    (989) 635-3100
    Used Subaru parts
    Ebay store 31motor sales

Quote Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
    I like the ramp idea. Ive been doing the power wash thing like Cosworth. Seems to work ok. little harder to keep dirt out of the stuff you dont want wet,more dirty like seats and dash.
    Oh yeah, I forgot to say I take the seats and belts off. Dash is high enough that it doesn't get sprinkled.
    P. Ferreira

Four tree two remember Andrew wvonkessler's Avatar

Give the guy at the diy wash $20 and drink a beer while watching. Then spray paint.
    "Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?"