Special Stage Forums banner

Suit D rings for arm restraints?

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  modernbeat 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a link for a place which will legally add D rings to a suite for arm restraints? They are required for the Hill Climbs I do, however I'd like to have them attached to the suit so they'd not only be easier to get on/off but but most importantly they will stay in place instead of sliding around.

Thanks

#2 ·
Have you checked out any dirt track racing sites? I know some classes require similar restraints as you mention.

#3 ·
I Land Speed race and we are required to use arm restraints. You do not want to use rings on your suit for the fact that your arms will be stuck in that position weather you are strapped in the car or not. In an emergency you will have trouble exiting the vehicle as your reach will be limited. We use cam lock belts and run the loops of the arm restrains around lap belt tabs. That way when you unlock the belts the arm restraints are free and you can use your arms to get out. Thats how most people run them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.