Just getting getting into Racing (NC)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just getting getting into Racing (NC)

Default Just getting getting into Racing (NC)

So I am new to the forum and I am in the planning phase of getting into Rally Racing. Hopefully by next season I'll have a car and time to run in the NASA Rally here on the east coast. I am newly retired from the Army after 22 years. I grew up on Gravel and Sand roads, and can't wait to get out there and give it a shot in a purpose built car. I have a few hours on the track, both auto and motorcycle, and look forward to getting back into a friendly yet competitive hobby. My plan is to buy a entry level FWD naturally aspirated car with decent suspension. I figure the speed with come with experience, as long as I can keep it between the ditches.
    If any drivers here in eastern NC needs any assistance, just shoot me email. Again, I am new but I am always willing to help turn a wrench or crew. I am horrible at typing on my iPad. Please excuse my "getting getting".

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

200 square left

So are you planning on coming down and hanging out or volunteering at Sand Blast? Only a few weeks away! http://sandblastrally.linaracing.com/2014/

your other left, you idiot

Fixed it for you, Kevin:

Quote Originally Posted by KTurner View Post
    So you are planning on coming down and hanging out or volunteering at Sand Blast ! Only a few weeks away! http://sandblastrally.linaracing.com/2014/
    press on,
    just a poor, dumb, Michigan(now Wisconsin) navie
    KC8YHT
    jimmy

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

your other left, you idiot

Welcome to the looney bin.

Read the stickies.

As Kevin said, make sure you come to Sandblast. Work, crew, spectate, or all 3.

Remember - have fun.

press on,
    just a poor, dumb, Michigan(now Wisconsin) navie
    KC8YHT
    jimmy

Zero Cents!

Stay away from my driver Jimmy. I see what YOU ARE doing there

To the OP. As fearless driver and Jimmy have said, we'll see you at Sandblast. Sign up on the NRS site for a sweet volunteering slot.

400 flat to crest
    2007 S.126th ST. Seattle, WA. 98168, USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Waylan View Post
    So I am new to the forum and I am in the planning phase of getting into Rally Racing. Hopefully by next season I'll have a car and time to run in the NASA Rally here on the east coast. I am newly retired from the Army after 22 years. I grew up on Gravel and Sand roads, and can't wait to get out there and give it a shot in a purpose built car. I have a few hours on the track, both auto and motorcycle, and look forward to getting back into a friendly yet competitive hobby. My plan is to buy a entry level FWD naturally aspirated car with decent suspension. I figure the speed with come with experience, as long as I can keep it between the ditches.
    If any drivers here in eastern NC needs any assistance, just shoot me email. Again, I am new but I am always willing to help turn a wrench or crew. I am horrible at typing on my iPad. Please excuse my "getting getting".
    Don't know where you're from in NC, but if you're anywhere near Wilmington---I think---you could benefit from talking to this thought guy named Matt Smith aka "mothra"..He's a good guy and got into the sport and did some events and then life, the universe and everything kinda intervened for a while and I think he is intending to get back in...
    Might look here for contact:
    http://www.rallyanarchy.com/phorum/profile.php?5,128

He can talk to you about reasonable car choices---the whys and the whats.....and cost vs effectiveness...
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle, WA, USA
    www.rallyrace.net/jvab
    www.rallyanarchy.com

Telephone +1 206 431 9696
    Rememeber the time zone difference

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Zero Cents!

Quote Originally Posted by John Vanlandingham View Post
    Don't know where you're from in NC, but if you're anywhere near Wilmington---I think---you could benefit from talking to this thought guy named Matt Smith aka "mothra"..He's a good guy and got into the sport and did some events and then life, the universe and everything kinda intervened for a while and I think he is intending to get back in...
    Might look here for contact:
    http://www.rallyanarchy.com/phorum/profile.php?5,128

He can talk to you about reasonable car choices---the whys and the whats.....and cost vs effectiveness...
    John, there are people in NC that don't run XRatties as well. It's my understanding one can expect to find Mr. Smith at Sandblast.

BTW, rebuilt the superbitches this weekend. They look gtg for SB.

I could use a hand with my crew for the event if you're interested...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Eric Wages
    Dirty Rallysport / facebook.com/dirtyrallysport / youtube.com/dirtyrallysport
    K1WRX
    2014 Sponsors: Innovative Tuning | KNS Brakes | Exhale Performance | Triple Caution | RallyTools

North America Cage Builder's Map

400 flat to crest
    2007 S.126th ST. Seattle, WA. 98168, USA.

Quote Originally Posted by X Mon™ View Post
    John, there are people in NC that don't run XRatties as well. It's my understanding one can expect to find Mr. Smith at Sandblast.

BTW, rebuilt the superbitches this weekend. They look gtg for SB.
    Yeah but I don't know them as well and only know Matt is in Wilmington cause of the brilliant rule at the Good Forum about real names and real locations.. I saw this guy mention "eastern" NC (and the mention of getting a dead end slugloid "some low powered Fail Wheel Drive" thang... and i thought of Matt..

You saying he shouldn't talk to Matt? Why?
    .[whiper on] come on spill the dirt! Did Matt get busted? Doing broadies in the High School football field? Or was it 2 guys in a restroom at a rest stop? Hell that's easy!
    When that happened to me I just told the judge, "Honest Judge, they didn't look a day over 15!" If that's what happened to Matt tell him to try that, worked for me![/whisper off]
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle, WA, USA
    www.rallyrace.net/jvab
    www.rallyanarchy.com

Telephone +1 206 431 9696
    Rememeber the time zone difference

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I did sign-up to volunteer at the Sandblast. Looking forward to it greatly. BTW, I am between Cary and Fayetteville, retired out of Bragg, so I stayed local.
    Last edited by Waylan; 02-04-2014 at 03:04 PM.