Hello from Florida

Thread: Hello from Florida

100 K left 2

Smile Hello from Florida

Hi folks,
    I'm Bill, I'm currently residing near Sebastian, Florida (about 100 miles south of Daytona). I spent most of my life making a living racing greyhounds and horses, raising kids and paying for divorces in Kansas with always "almost" enough money to go racing with something motorized. I went back to college @ 50 and finished up with 3 engineering technology degrees. I cut, I weld, I draw things in CAD, am much more of a participant than a spectator, I write some things and have found rally (and some of it's derivatives) pretty darned interesting at the age of 58. Although Florida is apparently the rally desert, we will likely be relocating later this year to some location farther north with better opportunities to join in.
    I'm here to learn, contribute if I can and see where I might fit into this glorious madness. It's better late than never!
    Thanks for having me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

50 caution yump

Welcome! Tallahassee here. Sadly not much rally going on in Florida, but SCCA rallycross seems to be picking up, especially in your area. Check out Central Florida SCCA.

100 K left 2

Thanks for the welcome! It does seem like Florida is the rally desert.
    I have been doing just what you suggest with the SCCA CFR research. If life doesen't get in the way we'll be attending the rallycross in St Lucie next weekend.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

your other left, you idiot

Welcome to the looney bin.

Read the stickies.

Looks like you have the reverse snowbird part figured out...

Remember - have fun!

press on,
    just a poor, dumb, Michigan(now Wisconsin) navie
    KC8YHT
    jimmy

50 caution yump

Quote Originally Posted by billblack View Post
    Thanks for the welcome! It does seem like Florida is the rally desert.
    I have been doing just what you suggest with the SCCA CFR research. If life doesen't get in the way we'll be attending the rallycross in St Lucie next weekend.
    Good luck. Too far for me, but hopefully Ill get to the next one in Ocala. Sadly, my region only does parking lot cones.