Special Stage Forums banner

North America Rally Map

34K views 38 replies 19 participants last post by  mellow65 
#1 ·
Since I couldn't find all this information in one spot and in a form that was easy to visualize and, inspired by Eric's North America Cage Builder map, I created the...

North America Rally Map

showing the approximate location and the dates of events in north america.

#23 ·
History has shown that more should get added to the calendar as the year goes on. Perryville, for instance isn't on there but I'm sure we'll do it again. MN group always has things in the works, as do guys in WI, OH, MI, TX, etc. Hopefully a few of them happen like Nemadji.

#17 ·
What's unfortunate is that all Rally America national events, with the one notable exception of Oregon Trail, are in the East and NorthEast, which makes the R-A national championship largely impractical for pretty much everyone on the West Coast. If one is based in SoCal, the closest R-A national event (OT) is just over 1000 miles each way, with all other national events being > 2000 miles each way. Sure, it might be possible to rent garage space for rally car & associated spares, service vehicle & tools somewhere somewhat central e.g. Pittsburgh, and pay someone to prep the car, but that only adds to the cost & does nothing to mitigate the cost of flights from the West Coast to the East Coast for competitors & essential crew members.

#21 ·
You might get more traction with this point if you limited your exclusions to SF 250 and the IV250. The NORRA events are unquestioned Stage Rallies with special stages, transits, penalties, etc....

#29 · (Edited)
Great map/resource, Simon!
The way I see it, different folks might duplicate some effort/work, but sometimes the method/style/"voice" of the communication of the info benefits one person versus another. Sometimes the timing of an effort will not aid someone, but later efforts by another do. Other rationales exist - ad nauseum. Since I just got my NEXUS card approval (interview) yesterday, the realm of Canadian rallies opens up for me. Since I have only the most rudimentary level of knowledge about CARS national and regionals, the timing of Simon's effort is great for me! Thanks again!

#30 · (Edited)
Dave-

You will absolutely love the NEXUS card. First time I went across with Jeffy (after he got his), Customs said "James and Geoffry?" We said "Yes." She said "Have a nice day." That was it. After we left the booth, Jeffy laughed and said "That was worth the $50 right there.". I have also been through where they don't even open the glass...

You will also learn a lot working Canadian events (although never use the word working at Customs - you are taking "work" away from a Canadian - you are going to watch the rally). Callsigns are different though. And I say "sports car rally". "Rally" by itself has some other connotations, and might get you "invited" inside. You do NOT want to get invited inside!

Since I just got my NEXUS card approval (interview) yesterday, the realm of Canadian rallies opens up for me. Since I have only the most rudimentary level of knowledge about CARS national and regionals, the timing of Simon's effort is great for me! Thanks again!
press on,

#33 ·
#35 ·
Mendocino Rally, and Frazier Mountain Rally? Mendocino may not have confirmed a date yet, and Frazier Mountain only has a date and no other info, but hopefully that'll be coming soon... CRS homepage has Mendocino's date from last year, just with the year changed. "Independent" events in Arizona: Desert Storm rally and Arizona extreme rally (if they confirm dates, I don't blame you for not including these right now). I believe Nemadji Trail rally is coming back again this year, it was highly successful in 2015 (also not confirmed date so I don't blame the lack of inclusion).

Thanks for putting this together every year, it really is a help when looking for events!
-Ryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.