North America Rally Map - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: North America Rally Map

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    Dave-

You will absolutely love the NEXUS card. First time I went across with Jeffy (after he got his), Customs said "James and Geoffry?" We said "Yes." She said "Have a nice day." That was it. After we left the booth, Jeffy laughed and said "That was worth the $50 right there.". I have also been through where they don't even open the glass...

You will also learn a lot working Canadian events (although never use the word working at Customs - you are taking "work" away from a Canadian - you are going to watch the rally). Callsigns are different though. And I say "sports car rally". "Rally" by itself has some other connotations, and might get you "invited" inside. You do NOT want to get invited inside!

press on,

Thankfully, Kent Gardam warned me about not mentioning "work". The word "rally" does have some connotations that are not helpful when talking to someone unfamiliar with the sport. Someone once asked if I was raising money/awareness for cancer treatment research when they saw my "Rally America" windshield banner!
    Dave Moore - KB3IEC, STPR Comm. Co-Chief, rally worker, '02 WRX Wagon + '03 Forester, "once upon a time" Datsun Z owner - go RWD!, too poor to race ... Blessings to all!
    "Do not vomit on the finish control workers." (his emphasis) From the section on motion sickness in "North American Performance Rally Codriving" by Dave Shindle.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Default Map

Nice work! Thanks!

Nice to see the Ledwedge on there.

Thanks for the updates, Simon!

This article on Car Throttle -- https://www.carthrottle.com/post/the...an-in-america/ has stirred up some interest from folks who had no idea that rally existed in North America! Consequently, you map has been a GREAT resource to refer them to!
    See you in the woods in 2016 - hopefully!
    Dave Moore - KB3IEC, STPR Comm. Co-Chief, rally worker, '02 WRX Wagon + '03 Forester, "once upon a time" Datsun Z owner - go RWD!, too poor to race ... Blessings to all!
    "Do not vomit on the finish control workers." (his emphasis) From the section on motion sickness in "North American Performance Rally Codriving" by Dave Shindle.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

UPDATED FOR 2016!

I've just updated the North America Rally Map for 2016. Please let me know if I have any incorrect or missing entries. Enjoy.
    Simon Wright
    Owner/Driver USUK Racing - Home of the USUK Racing LED Light Bars!

North America Rally Map

Mendocino Rally, and Frazier Mountain Rally? Mendocino may not have confirmed a date yet, and Frazier Mountain only has a date and no other info, but hopefully that'll be coming soon... CRS homepage has Mendocino's date from last year, just with the year changed. "Independent" events in Arizona: Desert Storm rally and Arizona extreme rally (if they confirm dates, I don't blame you for not including these right now). I believe Nemadji Trail rally is coming back again this year, it was highly successful in 2015 (also not confirmed date so I don't blame the lack of inclusion).

Thanks for putting this together every year, it really is a help when looking for events!
    -Ryan
    Good place to get started: Rally University

Updated for 2017.
    Simon Wright
    Owner/Driver USUK Racing - Home of the USUK Racing LED Light Bars!

North America Rally Map