Special Stage Forums banner

ProPicks 2014

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Doug Woods 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I am pleased to say that the 2014 ProPicks season is ready to begin!

http://propicks.demonrally.com

What is ProPicks?

Well, it's like fantasy football, where you try to predict what players will do well in any given game. Except that it's fantasy RALLY, so it's better. Click that link up there and sign up.

If you've been playing a while and are interested, I've made a couple small changes this year.

Tiebreaker rules are now as follows:
1. winner of most head-to-head comparisons in category
2. winner of most recent head-to-head comparison in category
3. random selection

Introduction of a Speed Factor player. Per a suggestion, I made a fake player that blindly picks the top speed factors in each category. Can you pick better than the computer?

Speed improvements. I now only access Rally-America once a day and store the driver statistics in a database. This will speed up the site tremendously, will limit bandwidth for R-A, and limit server load for me. The drawback to this is that pick choices will not be only as recent as midnight (Pacific Time) the night before. To allow for last minute changes, the script will change back to getting driver information directly from Rally-America 24 hours before the deadline. If their site is slow, then ProPicks will be slow the day before the deadline. Pick early!

As always, if you want to suggest changes or new features, let me know.

Thanks for playing and good luck with your 2014 Sno*Drift picks!!

-don

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.