Michigan rally helmet suppliers?

Thread: Michigan rally helmet suppliers?

Itinerant Co-Driver

Default Michigan rally helmet suppliers?

Michigan rally people! Where do you buy your helmets?

I'm in Windsor. I need a new helmet before next season, but I really want to try one on before I buy it. Are there any bricks-and-mortar retailers in Michigan (preferably close to Detroit) that sell rally helmets? I'd rather not make a special trip to Toronto on a weekday.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Zero Cents!

Why not post what size, and what you're interested in. I've found the best place to try on helmets or seats is Parc Expose. Perhaps a friendly competitor will let you try on one of theirs for sizing, and then you can order accordingly.

Itinerant Co-Driver

Quote Originally Posted by X Mon™ View Post
    Why not post what size, and what you're interested in. I've found the best place to try on helmets or seats is Parc Expose. Perhaps a friendly competitor will let you try on one of theirs for sizing, and then you can order accordingly.
    That might work in some cases, but most likely the next time I'm at a Parc Expose, I'll be competing.

I'm thinking of the Stilo DES, provided it fits comfortably (I've had issues with that in the past - maybe I have an oddly-shaped head). As for size... that's part of what I need to figure out.

Also, ordering a helmet online gives me the screaming heebie jeebies. I'm paranoid about my helmets - I hate the idea of trusting one to a courier.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 K right 2

Jeff - I have an XL Peltor (G79) and have a L (G79) on order (should be here in a week or so) - you'd be welcome to try mine on if you were thinking Peltor - I am about 45 minutes to an hour outside of Windsor/Detroit.

Brad
    Last edited by PCRfast; 12-19-2013 at 06:22 AM.

100 K left 2

Lane Automotive in Watervellet MI has a awesome showroom and large selection of helmets. Its a bit of a drive from Detroit but is located right off 94.