Special Stage Forums banner

Michigan rally helmet suppliers?

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Tommyss231 
#1 ·
Michigan rally people! Where do you buy your helmets?

I'm in Windsor. I need a new helmet before next season, but I really want to try one on before I buy it. Are there any bricks-and-mortar retailers in Michigan (preferably close to Detroit) that sell rally helmets? I'd rather not make a special trip to Toronto on a weekday.

#3 ·
X Mon™;521137 said:
Why not post what size, and what you're interested in. I've found the best place to try on helmets or seats is Parc Expose. Perhaps a friendly competitor will let you try on one of theirs for sizing, and then you can order accordingly.
That might work in some cases, but most likely the next time I'm at a Parc Expose, I'll be competing.

I'm thinking of the Stilo DES, provided it fits comfortably (I've had issues with that in the past - maybe I have an oddly-shaped head). As for size... that's part of what I need to figure out.

Also, ordering a helmet online gives me the screaming heebie jeebies. I'm paranoid about my helmets - I hate the idea of trusting one to a courier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.