Big White Thanks

Thread: Big White Thanks

pressing on tirelessly

Red face Big White Thanks

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the Big White Rally. It was a new experience for me, both the snow/ice part and racing in Canada in general.

I don't know most of the volunteers, but I would like to thank every one of you for coming out and working in the ice and snow all weekend. You all were outstanding and everyone was full of good cheer even though it was below zero out. I would gush more about each volunteer's efforts, but I cannot say enough nice things. It was quite fantastic.

Thanks to Keith for answering a ton of my questions, both prior to the event and during it. Some of the CARS procedures are different from what I've experienced before, but between a careful perusal of the CARS rulebook, Keith's reminders, and Jimmy's prior experience racing in Canada, we managed to keep from running into any issues.

Special thanks to Jimmy Brandt for coming out to codrive for me again and for, um, "gently" reminding me to slow down and stop being a dunderhead. Jimmy's vast experience was definitely a major factor in our staying on the road.

I will be back. I'm not sure when - it was a long tow for me - but I'll see what I can do about coming back to this or perhaps going to other BC events.

-michel

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Rallysport.ca Calgary, Albert Shawn's Avatar

-- Shawn Bishop
    RALLYSPORT.CA
    403.277.6291 | shawn (at) rallysport.ca
    Everything You Need to GO Rallying!
    Hans Device | Piaa and Wolf Lighting | Peltor & Stilo |Rally Computers | Codrivers | Drift Cameras

Getting Started Guide

Twitter | Facebook

You could always tow up for PFR then leave it there and do RMR then Big White only 2 months of storage!

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Dramamine is for DramaQueens Morison's Avatar

From what I understand, the SRDC has two rally cars, making a Canadian housed one a 'real' option.
    (A day before and two days after for prep/reprep is less time than driving and flight and rental is probably less money than operating cost of the tow rig.)
    Keith Morison
    Morison Communications

100 oversquare right

Beautiful picture. Reminds me of winter Maine of years ago.

pressing on tirelessly

I've been toying with the idea of stashing my #2 car in alternate places. Right now the candidates are either Seattle/BC or somewhere-on-the-east-coast-of-the-US.

In the meantime, my in-car from Big White is up, and can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/mhoche31.

Great Videos!
    Ecurie Snoopy
    Yaris, Prod 2wd
    Overweight, underpowered, top heavy, lots of smiles.