Special Stage Forums banner

BRISK TSDs

10K views 44 replies 9 participants last post by  tdrrally 
#1 ·
where do i find the east coast wv,oh,ky,va,ect clubs that host brisk tsd events?

#31 ·
Yup! A semi prepped class, everything but cage. Use break out times to control speed, come in below it and you are done. I've discussed it many times w/ RA, lots of nodding, no follow through. I figure its like sex in the Champagne Room....it ain't gunna happen....

#34 ·
I'm all for a semi-prep class in stage rally (i.e. everything but cage), along the lines of what i noted above. And to temper it with TSD timing tools. But it would not be a "brisk" TSD road rally. I think the two type of events can exist, however as separate events. Lets not brand one for the another. I like Vodka and I like Tequila, but they each provide me a different buzz, like stage rally and TSD :)

#37 ·
We are all aware of Targa Newfoundland. Also Targa Tasmania and the silver state folks I posted earlier.

However, if you look into them seriously you will find that they are not a way to get into 'kinda' stage on the cheap. These events require cages and full prep. That doesn't mean slap in a fire extinguisher and a cool looking Sparco seat.

Look at those Targa Newfoundland rules you mentioned. They include all the safety equipment required in any stage event, including the cage.

Apparently, you have not done much, if any, organizing of events. A BIG driver of what happens is the insurance. Insurance means you need to pay attention to safety restrictions. I have a long list of things I need to do when I organize a TSD in order to obtain that insurance certificate. The RA folks have a similar list that includes getting cars inspected and logged. A safe cage is a necessary, but not the only part of that. There is also the aspects of course safety, worker safety, crowd control, etc.

I also know I am going to get a 'yes, but...' response back from you. So again I say to go ahead and organize one. Don't listen to any of us, and do the event you think we should be putting on. Don't ask us to help. Oh, and when something happens, you aren't insured and you get sued for all your assets and future earnings, please don't come back here whining about how unfair it is.

#42 · (Edited)
You are correct.

Really have no idea of what you are asking and how to answer. Route books for Performance rallies are whatever the organizer wants except RA specifies a specific format. For TSD's it is up to the organizer what format they follow and there are multiple formats that have been used for TSD's so TSD's do vary depending on the type of TSD, the area of the country and what the rallymaster wants the routes to look like. My original answer covered your vague question.

TSD routes take very different forms because they are different than Performance Rallies and in some ways are the same and in other ways different. Performance and Targa route books tend to be close to the same. Sound like you need to get out and see what they all look like by running events. Even then, you are apt to see variations and the competitor simply adapts.

One more thing, TSD's do NOT have start and finish controls, they have checkpoints that are generally hidden but, not always. You see there is no specific way to describe TSD's as they have so many variatons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.