Special Stage Forums banner

ProPicks 2013 Results

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Foghorn 
#1 ·
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm proud to report the 2013 ProPicks results. Thanks to everyone for competing. We had 48 participants this year, a new record for the ProPicks world. I hope to continue my work on the site and maintain the accuracy and ease of use that you've come to expect as long as there's still a championship to follow. Thanks again.

LSPR results:
Regional bonus winner - Brian Gottlieb
2WD winner - 22-way tie for first
SPGT winner - Corey Voigt
Overall winner - Eric Iverson
LSPR winner - Al Dantes

And now for the moment you've all been waiting for... The 2013 ProPicks CHAMPIONS!

Regional Champ - Brian Gottlieb with a solid 2 point lead.
2WD Champ - Mason Moyle/Don Burress after the tiebreaker failed*
SPGT Champ - Michael Fennell/Kent Gardam after the tiebreaker was messy*
Overall Champ - Eric Iverson with a massive 4 point lead

The 2013 ProPicks Grand Champion is... Don Burress! That's me! I'm so honored. I'd like to thank all the little people and, of course, David Higgins for pressuring Mr. Block into making a bit of a mistake at LSPR. I took a risk and it paid off.

Folks, thanks for participating in ProPicks this year. I look forward to your comments and suggestions for improvements (particularly with the tiebreaker rules, should we use a particular event's picks (decided beforehand) as a tiebreaker?).

Good luck next season!

* Mason Moyle and I split the points, in head to head, we tied 3 times and each won 2 times, therefore the tie breaker goes to neither of usand according to the rules... we split the championship glory.
** This one might be more controversial. There is a 3-way tie. In the head-to-head-to-head, Michael Fennell won 1 and tied for winning 2 with Kent Gardam who also won 1. There was a 3-way tie at Ojibwe. Corey Voigt won 2. I interpret this as a split championship for Fennell/Gardam.

See less See more
#2 ·
Don, thanks for all the hard work you do on Pro Picks so we can have fun.

Congratulations on the win. This must have been one of the closest championships ever. You took a chance and were rewarded.

Sno*Drift is only three months away. Time to start working on my picks.:rolleyes:

#3 ·
I don't have quite the resume in ProPicks of Doug or the other multi-time winners but I am celebrating my first championship (even if I do have to share it with Mike Fennel) in SPGT. On to bigger and better things in 2014. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.