Special Stage Forums banner

Icom 208H Puzzle

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  RRR_K2 
#1 ·
I have 2 of these. One mounted permanently in the rally car and one set up so that I can temporarily use it in our service rig.

The service rig one is being recalcitrant. I cannot seem to program it using the remote control mic. Most of the buttons seem to be locked but I can't figure out how I might have locked them. They give the negative beep when I use them. Any ideas? Is there some magic sequence that I've accidentally triggered?

Thanks.

Simon

#2 ·
I don't have that radio, but the manual and my own experience with multiple brands of radios suggests you MAY have accidentally switched on the lock function for the microphone... Top left button pressed for at least one second to turn on various lock combinations (page 14 of manual). Depending on which mic you have it maybe a simple slide switch on the top edge of the mic. More than once I have accidentally turned on microphone locks...

#3 ·
Yeah, I thought of that too and pretty sure I tried it. Just reviewed p14 and it also says "The keypad lock function is released when the power is turned OFF then ON again." And I've certainly done that several times.

Now that I'm home and not under pressure of an event I will plug the stuff in again and try to figure it out. Perhaps I'll try switching the mic out with the one in the rally car in case it's a mic specific problem.

Will report back if I figure it out.

Simon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.