DMS 40mm Struts for Subaru WRX GD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DMS 40mm Struts for Subaru WRX GD

Post DMS 40mm Struts for Subaru WRX GD

Description: I am selling Brand New struts that I bought a few years ago when I was a DMS dealer.

Due to strong demand DMS has introduced this new product. The DMS Gold 40mm performance street range of shock absorbers.

This is a simultaneously bump/rebound adjustable shock with a wide, useable range of adjustment giving users 30 settings total. This allows adjustments and setups suited for all applications, from comfortable touring to club motor sport.

DMS Gold 40mm shock absorbers have large piston ports giving this shock superior control allowing more precise tuning.

DMS blue shell case. Made of chrome-moly high strength steel. Threaded and Fitted with screw-adjustable anodised aluminium spring seat and lock nut.

Adjustable camber available on mounting brackets using offset cam washers which prevent "camber creep".

The 40mm shock absorber also uses the famous DMS double progressive springs which provide optimum comfort as well as unsurpassed performance. All 40mm GOLD applications are availalble in MARK II valving allowing for slightly higher spring rates for autocrossers and solo enthusists alike.

These are INVERTED MONOTUBE struts, and are among the best struts you can buy for the money, period! Ask any serious rally driver.

WHAT YOU ARE BUYING:

The picture shows one front and one rear, the sale is for a complete car set of four (4) Drummond Motor Sports 40MM Gold Struts w/ springs for Subaru WRX 2002-2004 (GD Body).

These are BRAND NEW, never used, in original boxes with warranty card. Includes everything you see in the picture, including adjustment wrenches and manual.

DMS Part Number - ECS-SUB WRX(2) 40A with 225# King Double Progressive Springs up front and 180# DP spring in rear.

These have a retail price of price of more than $3000.00. My loss is your gain.

These are the street version of the same struts that many of the top rally teams worldwide use. They are designed for street and track use, and are ride height adjustable, and optimally lower vehicle approximately 1" for track use and aggresive steet driving. 40 mm pistons mean maximum control.

Please Call with all offers. I would like to get $1500 or closest offer.

For More Information Please Call 772-713-6849

Thanks,

Nigel
    Last edited by mcivorn; 10-10-2013 at 04:47 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

400 flat to crest
    2007 S.126th ST. Seattle, WA. 98168, USA.

These have a retail price of price of more than $3000.00. My loss is your gain.
    OK so that's the retail. "OVER" $3000.

But you didn't say what your price is.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle, WA, USA
    www.rallyrace.net/jvab
    www.rallyanarchy.com

Telephone +1 206 431 9696
    Rememeber the time zone difference

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

I'll give you $300 for the set.
    Grant Hughes - 1985 Merkur XR$TI Group 5
    rally.build
    885 Parfet St Ste C
    Denver, CO 80215

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

400 flat to crest

Quote Originally Posted by granthughes View Post
    I'll give you Five DOLLAH! Make you hollah!
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle, WA, USA
    www.rallyrace.net/jvab
    www.rallyanarchy.com

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Quote Originally Posted by granthughes View Post
    I bid $tree fitty!
    Adam

Blew up the clutch at PFR, back at it for Big White!

People's Republik of Cambridge & 'Zuma Costa Rica

While I know a lot people here gave up on DMS a long time ago, and the early version 40s had a bad wrap for rusting away, they are VERY good street dampers. At the right price they would be great for tarmac rally set up.
    "What would Steve Zissou do?"

400 flat to crest

Quote Originally Posted by REDrum View Post
    While I know a lot people here gave up on DMS a long time ago, and the early version 40s had a bad wrap for rusting away, they are VERY good street dampers. At the right price they would be great for tarmac rally set up.

Yes they are, they ought to be the internals are made under rigorous standards and are ''Echte Deutsche Qualität" as evidenced by the warning on the rod wiper where it says "Do Not Open" and "Nicht Öffnenen" just exactly like all these Bilsteins I've seen for the last 35 years.

The chrome peeling was a pain but they do function pretty good, the problem is as always "what is the valving" and that is linked to the abominably horrible support from DMS and Jamie Drummond...Well saying the service is abominably horrible is overstating things....since in is non-existent..

And look at this thread...we do all the hard work of bumping this guys thread for him and can he be troubled to clear up what he wants for a price?

Nope.

They must be PRICELESS!!!
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle, WA, USA
    www.rallyrace.net/jvab
    www.rallyanarchy.com

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Pessimist. I always assume no price means they are free.

I'll admit, optimism does come with a lot of disappointment, though...

Tim.

'98 VW Jetta TDI - RallyX/DD
    '96 Subaru Impreza - Rally car

Thanks guys for all the posts, and sorry for not replying sooner. I would like to get $1500 or close to it. They are new in original DMS boxes. $300 or $500 is too low.
    Thanks Nigel

Did you ever sell these????