David Sterckx heading to X Games this weekend - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: David Sterckx heading to X Games this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by KevinG5Hahn View Post
    In the European Rallcross Championship if it isn't a Citroen DS3 you might as well not bother to plan on winning.

I think Subaru sticks with Mirra and Lasek as long as Sverre isn't winning and Puma wants them/keeps writing the checks. Even if Sverre starts to win I am not sure if having Mirra and Lasek win matters as much to Puma as having their names/brands associated.

What would be interesting is to know the development differences between Sverre's car and the others to see if Mirra/Lasek get only the over the winter car development work or if all cars are getting the same updates and upgrades (minus the euro chassis Svere allegedly had for x games). I am just glad that Subaru got a medal at the games this year, it sounded like the future of the program was very grim if they didn't....

Also, anyone know what happened to Diggins or was it CO poisoning, he posted a twitter photo from an ER bed after the grid event....
    Sverre is still running the same VSC chassis. The one he is trying to build is not complete.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

eating dust taking photos KevinG5Hahn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 555ftw View Post
    Sverre is still running the same VSC chassis. The one he is trying to build is not complete.
    That's even better that its the VSC chassis!
    Kevin Hahn
    KevinHahnPhotography.com
    "altitude just means not lifting..."

50 caution yump

Quote Originally Posted by Isop View Post
    Nice to see david out there, pretty cool. Does he plan on running more events? Always enjoy seeing the Hyundai's run, wish they could hit all the events, even if they're not quite on par.

Excellent seeing the Gun subbie / Sverre get a podium. Wonder what would have happened had he not jumped and been flagged into the sin bin. Hope those preps carry over to lasek and Mirra. I like Mirra, enjoy watching him develop. Really wish Higgins was behind the wheel of one, though.

The events are getting better, track layout is getting better, competition is starting to show. I find it funny how there's less talk when there isn't as much to bitch about and the events are actually worth talking about. Though, lol, I do miss the table top and wonder if they'll ever bring the gap back. I see no reason why there still can't be some sort of over / under table. But safety, layout ect has improved much.

Really enjoyed most of the heats, especially 3 and 4. Love the lites.

Edit; also, love seeing verdier and millen out their. man, hope those guys can pick up a ride.
    I still hate the track layouts and the number of cars they put on them. They almost guaruntee a wreck in the big races, just like we had. Red flag within ten seconds of the LCQ, and then half the field crashes in the first turn of the Final. Thats rediculous.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

eating dust taking photos KevinG5Hahn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    I still hate the track layouts and the number of cars they put on them. They almost guaruntee a wreck in the big races, just like we had. Red flag within ten seconds of the LCQ, and then half the field crashes in the first turn of the Final. Thats rediculous.
    The crashes this time were more boneheaded driving than banzai moves into turn one.

Marklund shouldn't have come over so hard when Millen bogged with a car starting next to him, there was never going to be room.

The crash in the final took a lot of cars but came from what had to be the most minor amount of contact in a first lap incident.

All Irwindale needed to be great was a real meaningful joker worth 2.5-3 seconds. The normal lap should have been the standard and the joker outside of that with some sort of S turn or chicane in the dirt, would have let drivers feel like if they were close to the front and could find clear track they could jump the leader in the joker.

Drivers in a 10 car final that have trashed vehicles need to also pull over immediately, Sandell was a moving chicane that almost impacted the podium.

All GRC needs is a REAL joker. 10 car starts would be fine if there was a real joker with a 10 lap final.
    Kevin Hahn
    KevinHahnPhotography.com
    "altitude just means not lifting..."

More black flags for ramming each other. This isn't a demo derby

I thought they improved passing opportunities with this course, and that made the racing more dynamic. However that can lead to more carnage. The Subaru's are gaining ground, and it's good to see the mini, vw's, dodge's, mitsubishi and hyundais even if it isn't in every event. It seems that all the teams as well as the organization are learning every event. The courses are improving, and they certainly can get more room when the track isn't shared with another race group....but they aren't quite there yet to draw the crowds by themselves.
    Certainly room to get better, but a better product than last year.
    I'd be curious to know how the tv ratings are doing for the races, as that will ultimately tell how successful the GRC is.

I hear there's been a LOT of complaints about Doran's mini being having the lower weight requirement. Anyone know more about that?

100 K right 4

I wonder how much wieght break he gets. Also how much less power does he really have?
    31 Motorsports LLC
    3010 Fenner St
    Marlette, MI 48453
    (989) 635-3100
    Used Subaru parts
    Ebay store 31motor sales

into right 2 tightens Mike Hurst's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
    I wonder how much weight break he gets.
    Per FIA article 279, the minimum weight for the 1.6L mini is 1210kg vs 1300kg for the 2.0L cars.

When I talked to the engineer on the mini team in Spain, he said they were making around 425hp, and they think they could get a bit more with more tuning. I would guess that they are 100 hp down on the 2.0L engines. Those Mini's do get around the track pretty damn good.
    1986 Group5 Merkur XR4Ti
    Sean and Jenne Medcroft