Any newbie want a "free" Sparco openface helmet w/Peltor?

Thread: Any newbie want a "free" Sparco openface helmet w/Peltor?

Default Any newbie want a "free" Sparco openface helmet w/Peltor?

In reading some other threads I believe that I understand that helmets with British Standard certification BS6658-85 will no longer be acceptable for use on Rally America (and NASA?) rallies after the end of 2013. I have a Sparco openface "Mavet Campodoro" complete with built-in Peltor headset that has been sitting in a bag in my closet for a few of years since I got out of the silly seat. Since it is unlikely that I will have a rally use for it before the end of the year, I might as well pass it along if it will do anyone any good during the balance of this year.

The good: It's in nice shape, I don't think it's ever been banged around or abused, and I believe it was worn with a balaclava most of its life. It's FiberKevlarCarbon Mix and weighs 1200 grams according to the label. It's white with a visor. It is size 60L which is pretty much roughly equivalent to an XL. And it has the built-in Peltor communications.

The bad: it was last used prior to the requirement for head and neck restraint devices so it does not have posts. You'd have to add those yourself but I understand they are available. And, as said, its certification (RA for sure, and maybe NASA?) expires at the end of 2013 so its a stop gap measure to get you started.

So, if there is a newbie just starting out in rally that could benefit from this "free" helmet, let me know at kent_gardam at yahoo dot com. First newbie to reply that needs it can have it for the cost of shipping it to you.
    Kent Gardam - KD8MRR

this is rally, and it's not supposed to be easy....Eric Burmeister, 2009

In my opinion, rallying could stand a bit less posturing and circus and a bit more backbone....Phil Barnes, aging co-driver

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Slid'n around 'n havin a ball randyzimmer's Avatar

""... I don't think it's ever been banged around or abused,..."

Check the top, Kent pretty much filled up the RH side of the car and it could/should have some scrapes up there.
    That was fun!
    rz

PMed!
    Jynx Motorsports
    #21 Datsun 510 Group 2

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Cal spoke up first so it'll be on its way to Wisconsin.
    Kent Gardam - KD8MRR

this is rally, and it's not supposed to be easy....Eric Burmeister, 2009

In my opinion, rallying could stand a bit less posturing and circus and a bit more backbone....Phil Barnes, aging co-driver

It's depressing that so many helmets in perfect condition will need to be shit-canned because of this rule. Way to go rally! Way to bring more people to the sport!