Special Stage Forums banner

Colorado Hill Climb Association 2013

18K views 72 replies 12 participants last post by  bmxpunk 
#1 ·
Hi All!

If you're going to be running with CHCA this summer, please note that tech inspection is happening this Saturday April 13th from 10am - 4pm at Ferguson GMC in Colorado Springs. The address of the dealership is: 950 S Academy Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO.

Here is the schedule for the year - hope you can make it!

1. PMP1 Apr. 20-21
2. Temple May 11-12
3. Monarch Jun. 1-2
4. Lands End Jul. 27-28
5. PMP2 Sept. 28-29

If you have any questions, please ask away. In addition, the rally class is allowed 2 reps and currently I'm the only one, so if you'd like to help out, that'd be great. Meetings are held the first Tuesday of each month in Colorado Springs.

Thank you,

Dave
2013 CHCA Class Rep

See less See more
#40 ·
No triangles required. Nothing but fire stuff.
We used some bolt on straps on Chump. Just bolted through bumper beam.
I've used a 4 by 10 piece of 3/16" plate, cut a circle in one end and welded it to core support.
Also have seen a 1/2 - 3/4" round bar bent and welded to frame horns.
I can be at our shop on your way through if you need any help or anything. Could borrow a tow strap from chump if comes down to it.

#43 ·
Ha. Stupid smartphones.
AWD: Patik, McConnell (rumor is 360 hp at wheels), Suba, Regester maybe?, Timpe, maybe more?
2WD: Roger, Freehill (in Chump E36 hopefully), Kern, Turner (Kyle in GC, not Kevin), maybe more?

Should be a good event! Wish I could make it, too many other obligations, plus finals next week so need to keep ability to think about math.

#48 · (Edited)
Second run register 3:20, Aaron 3:37, Ty/Troy 3:39, eric and I 3:48 and we spun and that was still 10sec faster than out first run.

Aaron has rear wheels tow out so its hard to keep under control.

Not sure about 2wd but everyone is still running.

Road is fast but slick but a few of the tight right turns and the finish are really rough. and I am way too sideways

#50 ·
Unofficial results (from the picture of the time board on my phone):

Rally 2WD:
156/Kern - 3:35:70 (New Record??)
460/McLaughlin - 3:39:76
72/Matthews - 3:48:92
144/ODriscoll - 3:48:94
499/Fagan - 3:53:00
317/Turner - 3:54:35
130/Schweickert - 3:57:60

Rally AWD:
37/Regester - 3:16:07
55/Kingsley - 3:23:32
422/McConnell - 3:26:49
211/Patik - 3:28:98
17/Dallison - 3:33:12
517/Ashby - 3:35:87
660/Timpe - 4:01:47

#51 ·
Hi All,

Next race is Land's End out in Grand Junction at the end of July. $175 is the normal fee for races but with the road repair fee, there will be a $125 surcharge bringing the total entry fee to $300. Depending on the number of entries, refunds may be given on the surcharge portion of the entry fee. I believe that last year drivers received refunds of approximately $50 based on the number who showed up.

We had kind of a weak turnout at Monarch (somewhat understandably due to how steep it is), so I hope to see lots of you out there - its a great road!

Dave

#54 ·
$40 general membership
$10 racing license
$10 number

Entry Fees:

$175.00 if paid no later than seven (7) days prior to race
$200.00 if paid by the end of registration by Friday before the race,
$250.00 if paid Saturday prior to first run

Paperwork here:

http://www.chcaracing.com/apps-entries/

Yes what is a membership? I wrote a $350 check for temple and I am trying to figure out where that went, I was expecting $235.
I'm just guessing here but:

$40 general membership
$10 racing license
$10 number
$250 if paid Saturday prior to first run

That gets you to $310, did you pay for anything for your navvie? Did you supply a volunteer to work for one of the runs? If not, there's a $25 fee so the club can pay someone to stand in. I get hit with that every time since its just Allison and me at the events...at least its not $50 like it was last year.

Dave

#57 ·
What about payout? Is that still something that happens or no?
Payout should still happen, but depending on event expenses it may be so small as to not get sent out.

Anyone not planning on doing Lands End that wants to tow the Chump Goose out?
I think I could swing the entry fee and fuel costs, but no trailer to tow it on. Just need a trailer really.
Find me a 2 car trailer....or maybe a 3 car...

Dave

#61 ·
Payout should still happen, but depending on event expenses it may be so small as to not get sent out.
I just got a check in the mail. Assuming it was for the TC event...almost covered my entry fee! :) Hopefully the rest of you who have money coming will get that soon.

Dave

#60 ·
I'm planning on going, as long as I can get my sh!t together with the funds to do so. I sort of screwed myself on the last check trying to gather all of the parts to swap out my suspension for RX stuff and still didn't get the 1 last part needed before Sunday's event.

If we do we'll be getting up there Friday and then staying at the Best Western (3228 Interstate 70 Business Loop, 81520) so I can save some money with all of my "rewards" points.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.