Co-driver training?

Thread: Co-driver training?

Default Co-driver training?

Hello everyone,

I haven't made my first performance rally yet, I did 3 rallyeX wich are like stage rally but the driver can easily remember the run. But I was wondering how can I improve myself other than in a rally, maybe you have tips I don't know. We'll try to do nav this year too, but is there time card training online I can do. I volunteer at some event and was able to have pacenote and then I've found onboard footage of these stage and I'm calling them with the sound off. I'm I doing this for nothing? And my driver and me met 1 year ago and made every event together since, but without performance rally experience how can I help him improve in the pacenote since this is the most important things to be at the top?

Thanks

Hubert Gaudreau
    Vice-President
    Club Auto Sport La Licorne
    Facebook Group
    Codriver
    Fable Rally Team

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

If you have the time, Team O'Neil Rally school in Dalton, NH is the place to go if you're looking to improve, be it driver or co-driver. I have been training at Team O'Neil for the past 7 months, and it's the best experience you can get. You are working with the best of the best, and you're learning on real roads, with real notes, in real rally cars. Hope this helps.

Alyssa

Quote Originally Posted by FableRT-CoDriver View Post
    Hello everyone,

I haven't made my first performance rally yet, I did 3 rallyeX wich are like stage rally but the driver can easily remember the run. But I was wondering how can I improve myself other than in a rally, maybe you have tips I don't know. We'll try to do nav this year too, but is there time card training online I can do. I volunteer at some event and was able to have pacenote and then I've found onboard footage of these stage and I'm calling them with the sound off. I'm I doing this for nothing? And my driver and me met 1 year ago and made every event together since, but without performance rally experience how can I help him improve in the pacenote since this is the most important things to be at the top?

Thanks

Dramamine is for DramaQueens Morison's Avatar

Alan Ockwell has done a couple of schools in the past and we have a school out in the west as well, but I wouldn't think you'd fly out west for a one-day co-driver school. (but we have had people travel from as far as Seattle say it was worth it)

I though RSQ had a co-driver school, or some sort of training program.
    Keith Morison
    Morison Communications

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

I thought I heard Alan was doing his course again this year but with him talking a time out from rally not sure if its still happening. Best bet is to keep an eye on the Rallysport Ontario site
    Rallies worked: CARS: Perce-Neige, Shannonville, Lanark, Black Bear, Galway-Cavendish, Tall Pines. RA: Mt. Washington
    ...also known as VA3KDV

Yeah last year our club gave the Alan Ockwell Academy, I could'nt be there. But it's still only 1 training for a full year. I was just wondering if anything else to train was available on the internet. I wish I was closer to Tim O'neil Rally School. And as for RSQ before our club give beginner co-drvier training. Thanks for all your answer. If I ever find something I'll share it.

Hubert Gaudreau
    Vice-President
    Facebook Group
    Codriver
    Fable Rally Team

Dramamine is for DramaQueens Morison's Avatar

I don't know how may test days are happening in Quebec but in Calgary we do three or four a year and they are events where new co-drivers can get some seat time. I do believe that co-drivers are used in your rallycross events in Quebec, and even though it isn't rally it is seat time.
    Any 'ongoing' co-driver education I've seen has been one-to-one since much of it will depend on what works for the driver and/or where the co-driver is in their development.
    Keith Morison
    Morison Communications

come volunteer at empire state performance rally as a sage time control it will teach you all that as a volunteer... rock hill NY http://esprally.com/

I'll be competing in Rallye Sanair. We plan to do at least 4 events this year. I was mostly looking for other kind of practice, because practice makes perfect. And I'm doing some of the rallycross(wich we should call rallyeX) too. So I guess I'll wait for my learning hunger to calm down.

Hubert Gaudreau
    Vice-President
    Facebook Group
    Codriver
    Fable Rally Team