100 Arce wood

Thread: 100 Arce wood

Default 100 Arce wood

What happened to the Mini?
    Cheers,

Chris

Rally Mini Cooper JCW #37: Sponsors EBC brakes,Muflas Sicar,Fortech CR, G oil CR, Minigearboxes UK

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 K right 4

An in-car video from another competitor shows it sitting sideways in the road on Stage 11 - apparently trying to turn around and continue on.

Spun around on stage 11 due to simultaneous puddle and gear change (not being able to get into 2nd; gear wouldn't engage despite rev matching); kept going. Also stalled car several times after flying into deep water crossing on SS11, mainly because couldn't accelerate quickly enough to get the nose up before the jump; kept going. While I'd like to think that these two issues were caused by having the wrong gear ratios, at this point I'm pretty sure that it was much more driver error....Mini was taken out of contention with a broken clutch going out to SS12. Slave cylinder bracket broke, causing clutch fluid to drain out. Gear box and clutch are out and investigation is on-going...

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Although the 6 speed is a punka box for the Mini the final drive is a tad high for rally and the lower power of the NA engine. What year is the 6 speed from because there is a lower final drive on the later Gen 2 models. Interesting to hear the clutch bracket broke which will make me strengthen my bracket on my Midland box as I have a heavy duty pressure plate. Good to see you out there in the Mini , driver error? that does not exsist hahaha I thought only the co-driver made the errors..hahah When's the next rally?
    Cheers,

Chris

Rally Mini Cooper JCW #37: Sponsors EBC brakes,Muflas Sicar,Fortech CR, G oil CR, Minigearboxes UK

Not sure of the year; it was a refurbished 6-speed. I just ordered the lower final drive crown wheel and pinion from England (3.467 final ratio with 5:1 for 3rd/4th); I'm sure you've seen this mod. Next rally is Desert Storm a month from now.

Ah yes the Mini Sport kit....bloody expensive for a cheap Brit like me! hahaha I opted for the fragile Midlands box then added a LSD and 5:1 final drive. Another reason to keep the Midlands box was the cost of the conversion and the 70LBS extra weight of the 6 speed. I built the box so I'll have to treat it with some respect. ah Desert Storm.....yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah those CRS guys are nuts and this rally is great. Sun and Fun for the Mini. enjoy. PM if you need anything.
    Cheers,

Chris

into right 2 tightens

I must add, though note ing it might not be the most manly thing ever, That thing looked GREAT in satin black///MEAN.
    Tony
    KC0VSL
    Oskar-the Citation.

"It ain't what a man Don't know that hurts Him, Near as much as what he Knows that just ain't so."
    -Mark Twain

I have zero artistic/aesthetic ability, but it was supposed to be matte black. Oh well...now just have to build up some speed to match the meanness.