Special Stage Forums banner

Roxton Rallye de Paris?

6K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  BFast 
#1 ·
Is it gonna happen this year? It would be kinda nice to know as there are a number of MO based crews looking for rallies to enter.

#2 ·
Last time we checked for interest from the Missouri crowd, we heard nothing. It looked like we would have only 4 cars, if that, enter the rally. That is not enough of a "show" to justify it to the locals.

Plus the roads we have available at this time are not all weather roads. A half inch of rain takes out the rally.

We need Camp Maxey back but that is dependent on a certain Colonel who thinks we are illegal, unpatriotic and immoral.

#3 ·
Last time we checked for interest from the Missouri crowd, we heard nothing. It looked like we would have only 4 cars, if that, enter the rally. That is not enough of a "show" to justify it to the locals.
Who did you contact? I know you didn't call or email me. We probably have twice as many local cars now as we did just a year ago.

#6 ·
Im committing myself to it. Before promises can be made though, We will have to go drive all roads to see if they are still available (conditions, new homes built on routes ...). These would be farm roads only, no Camp Maxey. I can not go for another 3 weekends due to other "stuff", but will go scouting with Richard and another volunteer next month.
Positives- We do have a larger pool of volunteers now due to the popularity of Texas Rally Cross program. Radio problems from last rally have been sorted out and tested.
We will post Here, Texas rally cross, Rally de Paris and Brianne Corn Racing on FB.
Opinion pole for event weekend- Thanks Giving weekend or another Fall weekend based on avoiding harvest or planting.

#10 ·
#12 ·
You want engraved invitations?
No, but you need to give more than a few weeks notice to get 14 commitments. I think you already realize that you have a product that you're trying to market to prospective customers. As said customer, I tend to shop around early in the season and set my schedule based on events that have a high likelihood of being ran.

#13 ·
Richard, not everyone is on Special Stage and as far as I know, that was the only place it was publicized.

When I asked previous competitor Josh Chang or any of the current Texas ambassadors to rally: Brianne Corn, James Wilson, or Dave Carapetyan, none of them had heard anything of the event being announced or canceled.

But you did call me! That must mean I'm important. :D Or maybe you just like noisy SAABs!

#14 ·
If I remember, it was also posted on our web site www.rallyengr.com.

Part of our problem has been moving off our traditional date of Thanksgiving. Summer doesn't work because of the heat. Spring is planting and rain season. We tried that once and did not get a great interest then either.

The other problem is that due to the extreme drought, we have been scared to put on a rally under red flag conditions. Lamar county is more heavily wooded than Bastrop county further south. Remember Bastrop is where, when Rick Perry prayed for rain, God set Texas on fire. Almost the entire county had fire. Setting a wildfire of that proportion could get rally shut down throughout the entire country. At Camp Maxey, we always have a brush truck on site. Out in the county, we did not have that type of coverage. We tried.

So we will go look for roads and hope for rain and we will advertise every where Perryville does. :)

#15 ·
And that includes e-mailing, calling, sending smoke signals, etc to competitors? :D

#19 ·
It rained too hard. We went anyway since the rain had quit. Brad got stuck with his pickup just getting to the start of one stage. Bottom line, the roads are not all weather and if it rains heavily the day before the rally, there is no rally. Thoughts, comments on this please.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.