Special Stage Forums banner

Hyundai reveals updated 2014 World Rally Car

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  jonny5 
#1 ·
Hyundai Motorsport revealed its latest specification i20 WRC at the Geneva Motorshow on Tuesday.

This evolution of the original i20 WRC shown in Paris in September has been produced in collaboration between Hyundai's research and development operation in Namyang, Korea and the firm's recently opened motorsport facility in Alzenau, Germany.

Hyundai has committed to competing in next year's World Rally Championship and the i20 WRC will begin testing in the second half of this year.

Team principal Michel Nandan explained the changes to the new car were largely on the outside of the i20 WRC.

"This latest version of the i20 WRC has centred on aerodynamics with the objective of improving the car's cooling systems," he said.

"A new rear wing and front spoiler give the i20 WRC a new external appearance while, under the bodywork, improvements have also been made to the suspension kinematics and chassis stiffness as we gear up for a more structured test programme later in the year. We have lots of important foundations to lay both with the car and the team at Alzenau."

read more: autosport.com/news/105851

See less See more
#7 ·
Win on Sunday; sell on Monday doesn't HAVE to apply directly to a specific model. Quite often even when the man of the house goes in looking for the mustang or camaro that won Lime rock last weekend, the lady of the house leaves with the Fusion or Malibu. Getting the Make out in the public’s eye and getting positive vibes from motorsports sells the whole line.

That said, my personal story is direct and irrefutable: I stumbled across WRC on Speed, was gob smacked, Petter won the title, and I bought a WRX. No WRC, no WRX.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.