Hyundai reveals updated 2014 World Rally Car

Thread: Hyundai reveals updated 2014 World Rally Car

into right 2 tightens Weasel 555's Avatar

Cool Hyundai reveals updated 2014 World Rally Car

Hyundai Motorsport revealed its latest specification i20 WRC at the Geneva Motorshow on Tuesday.

This evolution of the original i20 WRC shown in Paris in September has been produced in collaboration between Hyundai's research and development operation in Namyang, Korea and the firm's recently opened motorsport facility in Alzenau, Germany.

Hyundai has committed to competing in next year's World Rally Championship and the i20 WRC will begin testing in the second half of this year.

Team principal Michel Nandan explained the changes to the new car were largely on the outside of the i20 WRC.

"This latest version of the i20 WRC has centred on aerodynamics with the objective of improving the car's cooling systems," he said.

"A new rear wing and front spoiler give the i20 WRC a new external appearance while, under the bodywork, improvements have also been made to the suspension kinematics and chassis stiffness as we gear up for a more structured test programme later in the year. We have lots of important foundations to lay both with the car and the team at Alzenau."

read more: autosport.com/news/105851

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

50 caution yump

Sadly another base car you cant buy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Sadly another base car you cant buy in the US.
    Uh, the Accent??
    Adam

Blew up the clutch at PFR, back at it for Big White!

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
    Uh, the Accent??
    i20 != Accent

(Although, TBH, looking at the size differences on wikipedia, the "supermini" i20 isn't that much smaller than the current Accent Hatch - ~2" shorter wheelbase, 5" shorter overall, 1.5" taller...)

100 K left 2

I just got orders to Chinhae, South Korea. I'll be going in 4-6 months and be there for 3 years. I might have to take one of these home with me
    My Car
    My Facebook Page - feel free to add me

50 caution yump

Quote Originally Posted by bopApocalypse View Post
    i20 != Accent

(Although, TBH, looking at the size differences on wikipedia, the "supermini" i20 isn't that much smaller than the current Accent Hatch - ~2" shorter wheelbase, 5" shorter overall, 1.5" taller...)
    Well my comment was more about using Rally to sell the model, like Subaru does with WRX and Mitsubishi does with EVO. Ford does not sell a rally inspired Fiesta, you cant by a Citroen here, you cant buy a Polo, you cant buy a rally inspired Veloster, etc etc.

You can buy an Accent, but no one is racing an Accent in rally since 2003? So if theyre going to base a rally car on the Hyundai i20, it would b nice to then be encourage to buy an i20. Except you cant. Isnt that the point of manufacturers having race teams?

into right 2 tightens

Win on Sunday; sell on Monday doesn't HAVE to apply directly to a specific model. Quite often even when the man of the house goes in looking for the mustang or camaro that won Lime rock last weekend, the lady of the house leaves with the Fusion or Malibu. Getting the Make out in the public’s eye and getting positive vibes from motorsports sells the whole line.

That said, my personal story is direct and irrefutable: I stumbled across WRC on Speed, was gob smacked, Petter won the title, and I bought a WRX. No WRC, no WRX.
    Tony
    KC0VSL
    Oskar-the Citation.

"It ain't what a man Don't know that hurts Him, Near as much as what he Knows that just ain't so."
    -Mark Twain

50 caution yump

Hah, exactly. WRC makes me take a second look at VW and the Fiesta. I would buy a WRX if I didnt need a truck.