Special Stage Forums banner

16/17 Feb: Rally Lab, Driving/Co-Driving Seminar, Novice School

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  X Mon™ 
#1 · (Edited)
If you want the full meal deal rally experience but don't have the cash, the cage or the extensive safety equipment to enter in a full blown rally this is the best chance you may ever get.

If you are planing on running in a proper stage rally in the future and want to see one from the inside before you enter into a very intense competition environment.

Then have I got a deal for you!

Texas Rally Lab will take you through a self contained rally at Harris Hill Raceway in San Marcos Texas. We will be running a single stage rally under the NASA Rally Sport guidelines as well a conducting the novice school of which three are required for both Rally America and NASA Rally Sport. We will also help with stage notes before and after recce. There will be multiple qualified instructors with a wealth of stage rally experience. NASA is even flying in a seasoned rally veteran from the rally land to the north to help us make this the best possible experience

One thing will very different though. We have designed the course with safety in mind so that we will be able to run cars without cages. This is to allow as many people as possible to participate in this event. We will only have to meet typical rallycross safety and tech.

I believe that this is the best opportunity that has ever been available to the people of central Texas to have real exposure to the inter workings of a stage rally. This event is being heavily subsidized by NASA and may never be available again. Take advantage of this and don't be one who regrets the road not taken.

$125 per driver, We encourage car sharing. We also encourage bringing someone to be the co-driver although it is not required. You can even trade back and forth between being a driver and co driver. Although in such a case both "drivers" would need to pay the entry fee.

Entrys are being capped at 30 to ensure a healthy serving of seat time. So don't wait too long to register.

http://www.nasarallysport.com/main/2013-Texas-Rally-Lab

Hope to see ya'll down in Texas

See less See more
#7 ·
Scott,

If you follow the link, you'll find the NASA Rallysport page with a bit more info. On the bottomis Brianne's contact info. I'd suggest giving her a call.

Things are targeted towards the newbe, so I'm not really sure if skipping the classroom portion has been considered. I fully understand the desire to run a shakedown, and believe there will be gobs of run off, therefore allowing brisk speeds.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.