Special Stage Forums banner

First timers: inspire me!

13K views 37 replies 26 participants last post by  sachilles 
#1 ·
Ok, I'm writing up some first timer advice and want to take it back... way back. What questions do you (or did you) have as a first timer? I'm talking the very basic stuff here, like:

How do I pay? Where is the entry form? Am I allowed to build my own rally car? Who builds cages?

I'm talking about from zero to getting to the start line at your first rally. Mostly I'm looking for a complete list of questions. Lots of the answers are easy... if you've been in the sport even a year. But obviously before you've been in the sport, you're not in the sport. ;) So, who remembers a topic they were mystified about on their way to becoming a rally racer?

It's a perfect way to spend the New Year... reminiscing about when you were just getting started. :D

Thanks guys. :cool:
Anders

#38 ·
"Do I really have to buy all that stuff?"
Rally and other motorsports, there is often a lot of generous folks that lend equipment to those giving it a shot for the first time. Examples being, helmets, suits, intercoms, head and neck restraints. Car builders may often find used tires and other stuff, by simply asking. It's often more practical to borrow stuff the first time around to figure out what you like and don't like. If you find that rally isn't for you, you don't have a lot of left over gear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.