Special Stage Forums banner

So you want radios?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  hoche 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Look to be commercial radios. Nothing illegal in programming them to Ham freq. Obviously need a lic to use for ham use. If you have a business lic/freq you could program them for your channel(s). Pickup the software for the radios and you would have a nice fleet of radios for a local club or guys that want them in their cars. Great deal if you can scoop them for a cheap price. Bound to be some that are only good for parts. I would buy the lot for the iCom radios.

#6 ·
The Moxies and Maxars need crystals to be retuned. The Midlands and the Icoms don't. Dunno about the Vertexes - couldn't see any in the pics so I couldn't tell what model they are.

They're all UHF 450-490Mhz business mobile. They can probably be retuned to use GMRS frequencies as those are within that band. I doubt the software would let you take them down into 70cm ham band though. They certainly won't be any use at events that use 2m.

I wouldn't mind having some of them as I already have a GMRS repeater, but I have too much radio crap already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.